Bus Driver, Full-Time
- $34,977 to $41,972 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
The University of Maryland Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) is searching for a lively, highly organized Shuttle-UM bus driver to ensure the safe transport of our students, staff, faculty and guests.
Under the supervision of the Transit Operations Manager, the Bus Driver operates medium and heavy-duty commercial passenger vehicles, transporting passengers to various locations and ensuring the safety of all passengers. This role ensures the operational readiness of equipment by performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections and properly clean, fuel and secure the vehicle upon completion of trip.
- Operates transit vehicles consisting of cutaway vans, 30’ buses, 35’ buses, and 40’ buses to transport passengers along assigned routes or designated point to point service
- Ensures passenger safety at all times; serves as informational source to passengers
- Serves as a representative of UMD DOTS by providing quality customer service to the students, staff, faculty, and guests and by being respectful of the surrounding community
- Adheres to assigned bus schedules, follows code of conduct policies and procedures and handles emergency situations while transporting passengers
- Follows all safety regulations in accordance with the Department of Motor Vehicles’ driving regulation as well as University’s and DOTS’ specific guidelines
- Performs daily and routine safety checks of equipment prior to and during use and assures safe operation, reporting any defects or maintenance issues
- Maintains a clean and neat vehicle
- Ability to be available to work on weekends, early mornings, and nights
- Attends meetings, programs and in-service training as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
One year as a driver.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of the care and operation of motorized equipment.
- Skill in driving buses in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- Ability to read and write; to understand and follow oral and written instructions; and to assist passengers.
- Ability to problem-solve and respond appropriately to a variety of complicated passenger and driving issues.
Conditions of Employment:
- Employees in this job class must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Commercial Class B Driver, with a passenger endorsement and NOT restricted for air brakes, with no more than 5 points and will be subject to drug and alcohol education and testing as required under Federal Highway Administration and the State of Maryland regulations.
One year in the operation of medium or heavy-duty commercial passenger vehicles
8537 Paint Branch Dr.College Park, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.