Auto Services Mechanic - Overnight
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Auto Service Mechanic should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic servicing, maintaining, and repair of motor vehicles. Experience servicing medium and heavy-duty commercial passenger transit is a plus. This role will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicles, automotive systems, and related equipment.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on automobiles, light and medium duty vehicles, and on specialized equipment such as heavy-duty transit buses and motor coaches.
- Inspects and tests vehicles, automotive systems, and related equipment, diagnoses malfunction and makes repairs including fabrication, replacement and assemble of parts, tune and adjust to both 2-and 4-cycle gasoline and diesel engines.
- Performs preventive maintenance services such as fueling, oil changing, lubrication, and cleaning.
- Perform repair and routine maintenance (A, B, C, and D service, seasonal service, DOT inspections, preventative maintenance inspections) on vehicles.
- Inspects and tests vehicles, automotive systems and related equipment.
- Performs work using accepted techniques and available equipment, parts and supplies. This may involve experience with O/I communications systems and ability to diagnose problems using computer equipment.Document all maintenance work using appropriate forms. Record all parts used, labor hours and vehicle scheduling.
- Maintains tools and equipment and assists in maintaining an orderly maintenance area by cleaning up after each job and keeping tools and parts organized.
- May also be asked to participate in the training of student maintenance assistants.
Four years progressively responsible experience in servicing, maintenance, and repair of motor vehicles or motor equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the basic principles of operation, basic components, malfunctions, repair practices and preventive maintenance techniques for internal combustion engines including diesel and motor vehicle systems and sub-assemblies.
- Thorough knowledge of the proper use, care and maintenance of standard hand and power tools.
- Skill in the proper use and maintenance of the tools and equipment of the automotive trade.
- Skill in and ability to diagnose and correct motor vehicle malfunctions.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out oral and written instructions; to keep simple records and make written reports; to communicate effectively; to work in, on, around, under and over machinery and/or fixed equipment; to work at heights of up to 25 feet; to manipulate heavy equipment, tools and supplies; to exert force up to 70 lbs.; to concurrently manipulate multiple controls on machinery and equipment; to work in hazardous or irritating environments, confined spaces, and adverse weather or temperature conditions; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Additional Certifications: Must have or be able to obtain a Class B CDL (with Passenger and Air Brakes endorsement) within the first 6 months of employment
This position is an overnight position.
Schedule is Sunday – Thursday 22:30 – 7:00 (into Friday morning)
8537 Paint Branch DriveCollege Park, MD
Get fresh AUTO Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.