What You'll Do:
Performance Management / Staff Development - Oversee all credit underwriting activities for new and existing accounts across the credit account lifecycle. Provide leadership, training and guidance to the underwriting analyst team, supervisors and credit advisors/analysts in a high volume fast paced environment utilizing credit scoring and judgmental credit decisions issuing aggregate new credit lines up to $50MM each month and line increases up to $10MM per month. Create and monitor performance reporting and analysis of results. Review performance metrics for variance explanation and correction, identify trends vs. single events in the numbers. Hire, inspire and mentor associates within the group for succession planning and career enhancement opportunities for team members. Address and resolve complaints and high profile escalations appropriately.
Policy and Regulatory Oversight - Ensure all activities within the credit group adhere to governmental regulations and internal credit policies. Direct self-monitoring activities in the credit cycle for variances and exceptions and provide recommendations for improvements. Administer an incentive based credit "Quality Assurance" program and refine it appropriate to changing regulations, policies or best practices. Provide credit underwriting staff with timely feedback on their performance.
Teamwork and Collaboration - Working in partnership with other groups and peers in the credit group, incubate new ideas in order to continually improve processes, operational excellence and credit risk mitigation. Interact regularly with key stakeholders and other business partners across the organization.
Strategic Vision and Planning - Execute and fulfill credit strategies as developed by the portfolio risk manager and provide feedback on account performance as information is available. Provide senior management with performance reporting of trends and opportunities for improvements. Participate in various strategic initiatives and projects such as underwriting platforms, decision engines and overall enhancements to the credit environment.
Other - Prepare and abide by approved budget. Perform any other duties as assigned.
In this Role, You will Need:
- Demonstrates analytical ability to solve complex problems by interpreting data
- Knowledge Experience managing groups involved with regulatory oversight such as OCC and CFPB
- Hands on knowledge with credit scoring and origination decision engines
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to coach and mentor associates and develop a high performing team
- Demonstrates ability to reinvent the underwriting processes when regulations change and/or economic environment dictates
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Power Point and Word
Please visit us at careers.umb.com to view a list of all available opportunities. UMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only. No 3rd parties or agencies, please.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related area or equivalent
- 7+ years credit underwriting and/or credit risk management with 3+ years specifically in credit card
- Prior mgmt or leadership experience in a credit operations or underwriting group
We strive to deliver the unparalleled customer experience, and show customers they can count on more from UMB. The same is true for our associates. You can count on more benefits, more training, more support, and more opportunity!
What you'll get:
Unique Benefit Programs : We offer a great benefits package including several unique programs like an incentive-based wellness program, parental leave, adoption assistance and health care for you, your spouse or domestic partner, your dependents and even your pets!!
Community Involvement: Giving back is a big part of who we are! We support several great causes throughout the UMB footprint. We even offer Volunteer Time Off, which allows associates to dedicate 16 hours a year to a worthy cause of their choice.
- Credit card underwriting management experience in a high volume credit scoring/judgmental environment
- Previous collections & credit scoring experience
Manager Consumer Card Underwriting
928 Grand Blvd