The Merchandise and Service Coordinator (MSC) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values and contributing to a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The MSC reports to, and supports, the Retail Operations Manager (ROM). S/he supervises a team of task associates and is accountable for supporting the operations of a retail store, including, but not limited to, the shipment process, physical inventory, and all other inventory-related functions. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, inventory results, and operational compliance), people (training and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for operational excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to quickly and efficiently lead through unforeseen complexity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The MSC is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, inventory, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity and complete task workload (e.g., daily tasks, shipment, and inventory processes) on time, and within the payroll budget.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service through the execution of tasks that drive product availability, newness, and the option for a self-navigated shopping experience.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and inefficient processes, and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Establish professional vendor partnerships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on shipment expectations.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by leading by example, sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
- Use the company's task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.