Transition Care Coordinator
UI HomeCare Iowa City, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Transitional Care Coordinator
UI Job Code:
UI Home Care
000912- HomeCare Infusion
Reports to: (position)
Does position supervise others?
UI Health Care Core Values (ICARE)
We seek creative ways to solve problems.
We believe teamwork is the best way to work.
We behave ethically, act openly and with integrity in all that we do, taking responsibility for our actions.
We honor diversity and recognize the worth and dignity of every person.
We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.
Click here for additional information on behavioral examples of ICARE Core Values.
This position will join a multi-disciplinary team of providers, social workers, discharge planners, pharmacy staff, intake specialists, and care coordinators to admit patients in need of our homecare infusion services.
- Coordinate care for patients admitted to the UICH service by:
- Evaluating referrals made to UICH
- Meet with patient and determine if a candidate for home care
- Notify Insurance Coordinator to check if benefits are available and services covered
- Collaborating with discharge planner, physician, patient and family to determine specific discharge needs
- Obtaining signed orders and/or other supporting documentation needed
- Coordinating drug delivery method (pump/Elastomeric/IVP) with pharmacy
- Accepting patient on service and completing admission packet
- Coordinating delivery of supplies with intake and/or client care coordinators
- Communicating final plan with referral source
- Performing teaching on select DME/Enteral patients
- Completing Care Coordination note per policy
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of home infusion therapy education protocols and materials.
- Participate actively in UICH quality assurance programs
- Participate in staff education and training programs and maintain skills for assessing and teaching home infusion therapy patients.
- Respond to verbal and written issues, concerns, or complaints from home care patients, families, physicians, nurses, other UICH staff, insurance companies, contract vendors, or other outside vendors.
- Adhere to UICH’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct
- Maintain dependent adult and child abuse and other certifications as required.
- Participate in the orientation of new staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sitting in a chair at a desk in front of a computer screen.
- Reaching up to retrieve resource materials from shelves multiple times a day.
- Walking frequently throughout the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Recent experience in home infusion and/or durable medical equipment services.
- Effective interpersonal, telephone, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and arrive at creative solutions to issues.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday