OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST INPATIENT- ROTATING SHIFT (PER DIEM)
- $100 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
- Per Diem
Our Med-Surg Rehab Team fulfills the needs of patients, families, and the community by providing Occupational Therapy services in accordance with one’s licensure, certification, training, and regulatory requirements. Our Medical-Surgical therapists work in all areas of the hospital: including our busy, highly tuned emergency department, medical and surgical units, inpatient voluntary behavioral health unit, and our cardiothoracic, neuroscience, and trauma intensive care units. Our occupational therapists serve as the experts in self-care, everyday life activities, functional mobility, and rehabilitation, and are key stakeholders in patients’ recovery and interdisciplinary discharge planning.
Up to $3,000 relocation bonus available!
What do our current Med-Surg OTs value about GW Hospital & UHS?
Med-Surg Occupational Therapists at GW Hospital are essential partners with providers, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, speech language pathologists, and ancillary and support staff in an academic medical center, Level 1 Trauma Center, and Comprehensive Stroke Center that is Defining Medicine. Our professional rehab staff work at the top of their license alongside other healthcare professionals to enhance patients’ functional recovery and self-actualization, provide consultative services, make recommendations, and elevate patient care through unit and system-based quality initiatives, evidence-based research and practice, and true interdisciplinary care. Rehab leaders and staff are laser-focused on exceptional patient outcomes and are defining healthcare for the 21st century.
Benefits for our Med-Surg OTs are:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance (if qualified)
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Teaching hospital work environment
- $100 Transportation stipend (if eligible)
- Robust employee recognition program
- Robust orientation and training
- Dedicated mentorship for all staff therapists by a Senior Therapist
- World-class teamwork and interdisciplinary care
- Advances in academic medicine
- Up to $5 per hour shift differential
- No Mandatory Overtime
- Significant opportunities to grow and develop through job-related training, continuing education, and mobility up and across UHS subsidiaries
- The Option to Waive your Paid Time Off Days and take an additional 12% Increase on your Base Rate (if eligible)
- Employee discounts and much more!
Unit specialties options:
- Traumatic Injuries
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Stroke and General Neurology
- Orthosis Fabrication
- Cognitive Assessments and Treatment
- Internal Medicine
- Surgical Services
- Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- Behavioral Health Services
Med-Surg OT Job Requirements:
- Master’s/ Doctorate degree in Occupational therapy
- Experience in a hospital setting required
- Must have DC License before start of employment
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals by AHA or Red Cross
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities
About GW Hospital: The George Washington University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 395-bed tertiary care, academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of patients—from residents to our nation’s leaders. As an academic medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women’s health, trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive surgery. https://www.gwhospital.com/
GW Hospital is jointly owned and operated by George Washington University and a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), adjacent to the hospital, is the 11th oldest medical center in the country and the first in the nation’s capital.
The mission of GW Hospital is to provide the highest quality healthcare, advanced medical technology, and world-class service to its patients in an academic medical center dedicated to education and research.
United Health Services, Inc: One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America’s Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network, and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.com
EEO Statement: All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
Notice: At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Universal Health Services
900 23RD STREETWashington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.