Director of Plant Operations
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Psychiatric Institute of Washington is a 130-bed facility with inpatient, outpatient and partial hospitalization programs.
Excellence in behavioral health programs for children, adolescents and adults has been the mission of The Psychiatric Institute of Washington since it opened nearly 50 years ago.
As the first and only free standing psychiatric care facilities in Washington, DC, our team has a reputation for providing innovative treatment and care. We strive for excellence, never losing sight of providing patients with hope – hope that although their stay is relatively brief, they may find their way to a brighter future.
To direct and supervise the activity of the Maintenance Department, performing skilled maintenance repair, and construction duties to ensure the safe and efficient operation of hospital buildings, equipment, and hospital grounds. Manages safety-related documentation activities and forwards information to Safety Committee. To direct the activity of the Maintenance and Housekeeping Services through their daily activities working with the respective supervisor(s) to conduct the day to day operations and ensure that compliance, budget, and safety are an on-going process.
Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are dedicated to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment to all our employees.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- UHS employee discounted stock option plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repay Program
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax Metro SmartTrip Benefits
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Who we are:
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Five (5) years supervisory experience to include facilities management. Preferred experience in a healthcare setting.
- Licensure/Certification: Membership in state or national healthcare engineering association preferred. Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of the Joint Commission (TJC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory agencies required.
PIW participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Please note that we do not use this information to pre-screen job applicants.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852- 3449.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.