Job Title: Medical Assistant
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for providing rooming of patients, chart documentation and medicine reconciliation. Assists physician and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physician.
Reports to : Supervising doctor and Site Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Assesses patient's general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
· Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients, when appropriate.
· Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
· Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
· Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Records tests and examination results in patient's chart.
· Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Schedule referrals and tests.
· Perform other related duties as directed or required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years medical assistant experience.
· Medical Assistant Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE: The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
· Knowledge of basic medical principles and protocols.
· Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality (HIPAA) .
· Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
· Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
· Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality methods.
· Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
· Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others.
· Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others.
· Ability to communicate clearly.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. Occasionally lifting and carrying files up to 30 pounds. May require working under stressful conditions.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office and exam room environment. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
· How many years of medical assistant experience do you have?
· Do you have a Medical Assistant Certification?