Senior Automation Engineer
UFP MedTech, a UFP Technologies, Inc (Nasdaq:UFPT) business, offers a full suite of design, development, process, and manufacturing services for single-use and single patient medical devices. We create OEM devices, subassemblies, components and packaging, from Innovation to Manufacturing, using a differentiated flexible materials portfolio with best-in-class operational excellence systems to improve patient outcomes for our clients.
Our culture is centered around innovation, collaboration, creativity, and service. This is the connective tissue that drives our pursuit of industry leadership and customer partnerships throughout our organization.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance
- 401K with a matching contribution
- Paid time off, Paid holidays, Employee discounts and much more!
Location: This position is based on-site in Newburyport, MA. The position holder will need to be within commuting distance (within 45 min). The position will be on-site full time.
The Sr. Automation Engineer will identify and implement new manufacturing technologies and automation that will provide additional capabilities and capacity within the plant. They will be responsible for planning and developing the integration of equipment and continuous improvement projects. This role will also supervise internal and external teams to complete the development and installation of new equipment.
- Ensures machine shop and automation team operate safely and efficiently.
- Explores and implements new ways to automate existing production lines.
- Creates business cases to justify new manufacturing processes and implement.
- Conducts research, development, and deployment of manufacturing automation technology.
- Identifies equipment, fixture, service, design, and fabrication suppliers; assesses supplier capability and creates recommendations based on assessment.
- Collaborates with other manufacturing departments such as quality, production, safety, and facilities to provide innovative solutions.
- Leads and provides support for the justification and selection of major capital equipment expenditures.
- Specifies requirements and executes factory and site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT) for custom or off the shelf purchased equipment.
- Applies project management skills (schedule, cost, communications) and coordinates internal and external resources to execute projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Enables manufacturing processes to meet performance targets for quality, yield, throughput, and cost.
- Coaches and mentors the team on functionally related topics.
- Interacts with customers, account managers, manufacturing personnel, vendors, and team members as necessary to satisfy project requirements.
- Drives maturity of the overall plant knowledge of technology, adoption of new technologies and ensures access to the latest technological thinking and possible solutions.
- Understands computer programming, PLC code and software development.
- Drives cost-out continuous improvement initiative to meet VIP program requirements.
- BS in Engineering or relevant discipline and 10+ years in manufacturing engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of experience in industrial automation, controls, manufacturing engineering or related role.
- Prior experience supervising skilled labor employees, preferably engineers, engineering technicians, maintenance technicians, or the equivalent.
- Must have a proven track record in applying lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies.
- Strong understanding and functional knowledge of PLC’s, low voltage controls, vision systems, electronic sensors, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
- Must have:
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A desire to continually upgrade technical knowledge and share with the team.
To apply for this job please create a profile with us through our online application system. Click the "Apply" box in the upper right-hand corner to start the application process. Or, if you already have a social media account with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your log in credentials to apply.
For more information on UFP MedTech, visit www.ufpmedtech.com.
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Our mission is to provide a professional, energetic, and family oriented work experience. Since 1963, our reputation for providing high quality products with integrity has earned us the trust of our customers and our employees. If you are ready for a career with a forward-looking organization that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for UFP Technologies.
UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
Established and growing company with a professional, energetic, and family oriented culture that provides competitive benefits package!
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets. Our mission is to provide a professional, energetic, and family oriented work experience. Since 1963, our reputation for providing high quality products with integrity has earned us the trust of our customers and our employees. If you are ready for a career with a forward-looking organization that fosters professional development and career advancement, you're ready for UFP Technologies. UFP Technologies offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
UFP TechnologiesNewburyport, MA
WebsiteView All UFP Technologies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.