Resident Relations Specialist
UDR Littleton, CO
- Posted: May 15, 2021
UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Resident Relations Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Accountable for delivering exemplary customer service in responding to all complex and escalated customer service issues as assigned. Maintain response rate for online reviews by responding and/or assigning the response. Responsible for thorough situational analysis of customer experience with key stakeholders in property operations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Sr. Manager - Customer Relationship
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Provide exemplary customer service to both prospective renters, as well as, the on-site community sales teams. Balance the needs of internal and external customers.
2. Respond promptly to customer complaints received at the corporate level via phone, email, and mail as assigned by the Resident Relations Manager and the Sr. Manager - Customer Relationship.
3. Research customer concerns at depth with key on-site stakeholders prior to offering a response. Develop a complete picture of each situation and ask critical questions relevant to understanding the issue from both sides (Resident, Associate and the Company). Facilitate a culture of cross-collaboration between Corporate and the on-site stakeholders. Work closely with the on-site community teams to ensure resolution of customer complaints.
4. Track customer complaints to resolution and record results in ServiceNow and OneSite guest card.
5. Assist with managing the Company's reputation for all communities across 29 bi-coastal major metropolitan markets. Respond appropriately to assigned reviews from prospective renters and resident feedback, across all three forms of sentiment (positive, neutral, negative). Craft online review response copywriting in accordance with standards set forth by Management. Monitor key apartment review websites for new reviews, including but not limited to: Yelp, Google, Facebook and Internet Listing Services.
6. Maintain response rate of 94%+ for online reviews by responding and/or assigning the response to Customer Relationship Coordinator.
7. Support Regional Managers/Directors and Area Directors by saving time if an issue can be resolved at a corporate level.
8. Identify and implement strategies to improve UDR's quality of service.
9. Identify specific market area trends and assist properties with best solutions to rectify negative trends.
10. Investigate and respond to all Better Business, Attorney General and Consumer Affairs complaints that are related to resident complaints.
11. Follow-up with through resolution. Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
12. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing tasks as directed and needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and ability to professionally/tactfully/empathetically handle issues that may arise from resident conflict. Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and resident relations skills.
- Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Must be excellent with time management and prioritizing time sensitive resident concerns.
- Entrepreneurial, data-minded individual who will be a resourceful Company and Brand advocate, with polished interpersonal skills. People-oriented; capable of relating to and communicating with diverse personalities.
- Meticulous organizational skills required. A self-starter and team player, with excellent follow through. Must be nimble, learn quickly, and be capable of clearly conveying concepts and tone of voice. Superb attention to detail with strong analytical skills. Flexible, with the ability to respond quickly to changes in the industry.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Capable of establishing priorities and coordinating work activities. Good reasoning skills and sound judgment, with the capacity to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy. A multitasker, who performs best in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Must display a keen ability to balance the needs of internal and external customers. Bring an entrepreneurial, 'can-do' attitude to the table daily. Ability to work in an autonomous, self-directed environment. Competent and skilled working in conjunction with Company managers, prospective renters, residents, and associates.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for selling and promoting apartment properties. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations. Capable of flexibility in office space including mobile office tools such as: a laptop computer, a tablet, and a mobile phone. Ability to complete and apply all of the provided sales and marketing training.
- Must demonstrate excellent reading comprehension and strong written composition skills. Proven exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches. Must be skilled in word processing, drafting correspondence, and memoranda. Attention to details, and proficiency with MS Office software applications required such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires the ability to travel. Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity enough to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, scanning, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred.
2. College graduates with Intern or summer experience in a related field can apply.
3. Minimum two years' customer service and/or customer relationship development experience required.
4. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
Medical Flexible Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Supplemental Term Life Insurance
Voluntary Cancer Insurance
Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
401(k) Plan with company match
$21.93/hr. (minimum) - $24.03/hr. (maximum), depends on experience
Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance
BusinessView all jobs at UDR