GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Promotes the highest efficiency level of all service functions throughout the assigned JV community(s) acting as a Lead Service Manager as well as performing as an Area Service Manager to assigned mature communities in a District of the region. Provide training coordination and solutions to team issues and technical issues. Works with the Regional Managers, Area Directors, Asset Quality and Operations Management to develop and analyze plans, projects and budgets.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to a Regional Manager or Area Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Service Managers for JV communities, Service Technician(s), or Senior Service Technician(s)
Lead Manager Responsibilities for the JV community(s):
1. Ensure current and future maintenance and repair projects do not exceed approved budget guidelines.
2. Manage and negotiate contractors and vendor contracts, schedules, and inspections for assigned communities.
3. Monitor and Set time and quality standards for service request and turns.
4. Provide oversight of safety awareness and safety reports.
5. Conduct surprise inspections on PM, Turns, Pool, IM Process, Curb Appeal, Shop, Landscaping/grounds, amenities, Turn Process, Review Shop Report, Safety Inspection, and safety compliance to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
6. Work with the CD to hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximize potential.
7. Supervise direct reporting staff in accordance to overall company policy.
8. Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal.
9. Approve time records and requests for time off.
10. Assist direct reporting staff to address and resolve concerns or complaints involving job duties and job descriptions, performance standards, relations with coworkers, relations with supervisors and managers.
District Service Manager Responsibilities:
1. Partner with AQ to create scope, bid out, and manages emergency capital projects and communicate costs to Area Director for approval.
2. Work with Regional Managers and the Area Directors to identify potential profitable ROI Projects.
3. Develop and update five year plans with Asset Quality.
4. Implement and monitor Preventative Maintenance Program.
5. Assist Area Director with monitoring and allocating Turnover, CapEx Funds, and R&M Budgets.
6. Identify resources and keep informed of local, state, and municipal building requirements and landlord tenant affaires relating to R&M and Capital Investments.
7. Assist in the development of the service budget and financial resources necessary to accommodate current and future maintenance and repair projects by analyzing market trends, financial reports, employee staffing levels, and organizational growth and work within approved budget guidelines.
8. Assist in hiring and develops broad level development plans for Service Managers.
9. Coordinate technical training seminars for service associates and monitor training program completion rates.
10. Conduct CFC training and exams as needed.
11. Assist the Regional Manager with training the Service Managers on managing their budgets.
12. Negotiate, develop, and execute service contracts with assistance from Corporate Purchasing.
13. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of business concepts and research principles, processes, and techniques. Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve Company issues.
Demonstrated understanding of overall property service management. Demonstrate the ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources. Demonstrated experience and expertise in project planning and management; in analysis of operations for the purpose of proposing innovative solutions to problems; and in organizing, writing, and editing information. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Strong personnel management skills. Knowledge of fiscal management.
Demonstrated ability to monitor training programs and identify and provide one-on-one training as needed. Ensures that minimum training requirements are met for all service teams in the area. Mentors and coaches the area Service Managers.
Ability to develop and prepare business analysis and plans. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and contracts. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, exercise sound judgment and clearly communicates findings and advice. Ability to travel, when applicable.
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply and teach the principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability to motivate the community team and manage their performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices.
Proven exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, vendors, contractors, Company managers, and associates. Ability to respond to common or technical inquiries or complaints from subordinates, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to quickly develop strong internal working relationships.
Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication skills. Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs. Sensory capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect and diagnose machinery. Requires normal range of eyesight. Ability to physically access exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities and be able to climb ladders and access small crawlspaces. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work. Ability to travel extensively, when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related field, or its equivalent, preferred. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience in service management for residential properties, rental operations, or related business operations is required.
2. Minimum of five years’ experience with repair techniques which could include mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and/or pool maintenance.
3. Minimum of two to four years’ supervisory experience.
4. Must be EPA certified.
5. Certification in Chlorine, Fluorine, and Carbon (CFC) required for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining equipment required for some properties and preferred for all properties.
6. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.