UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Senior Database Administrator to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Upgrades, installs, maintains and tunes all primary Company databases. Maintain the test and development database platforms. Researches new database strategies in order to keep abreast of new technologies and provide future growth plans for critical databases. Advise management on database concepts and functional capabilities. Ensure internal customers’ needs analysis is in alignment with business initiatives.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Senior Manager – IT Development
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Test databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications for optimal performance.
2. Analyze and tunes all database functions.
3. Maintain all development and testing database environments. Make changes as requested by various departments.
4. Respond to requests for data as needed to support the needs of the organization.
5. Manage database back-up and recovery, replication and disaster recovery testing.
6. Utilize correct “high availability” technologies to maintain the greatest possible uptime.
7. Keep database patches and security measures up to date to keep data safe from accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
8. Manage, approve, and schedule all new/existing database installs and upgrades.
9. Make recommendations for code changes to the Development department. Track proposed changes until installed.
10. Create, maintain, and troubleshoot issues with Corporate Reporting solutions such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, and application specific reports.
11. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
12. Identify and evaluates industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
13. Design, create, and maintain stored procedures for various functions and applications.
14. Supporting other non-SQL data servers including but not limited to ThoughtSpot and Spectrum MDM
15. Support and develop in our Azure data factory implementation
16. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and office management techniques. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, respond with urgency, and provide collaborative solutions. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Ability to develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
Knowledge of computer systems and software. Knowledge of networking and internet protocols (IP) Knowledge and skill in database design, analysis, and architecture.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping, kneeling and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Conditions include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, and traveling by car, van, bus, and airplane. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is a preference; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Minimum of four to six years’ experience using a wide variety SQL Server, Reporting Services, MS Analysis Service, MS Integration Services, BO, Excel, ETL software, and other multi-dimensional tools.
3. Minimum of four to six years’ experience with database analysis, design, and architecture development.
4. Report design and development experience is required.