Maintenance Manager – Every day is an opportunity for you to ensure the maintenance operations run seamlessly and all residents are provided with superior customer service. #WRK4UDR
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our team at 399 Fremont, our apartment community located in San Francisco, CA
Technical or vocational certificate and/or degree preferred.
Minimum of four years’ experience in building and mechanical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting and drywall, and/or pool maintenance.
- Minimum of three years’ experience supervising/managing associates.
- Must be EPA Type II certified; Type III or Universal may be required at some locations
Some locations require certification in pool operation (CPO).
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet the service budget and manage the financial resources necessary to accommodate current and future maintenance and repair projects working within approved budget guidelines.
- Provide leadership to the service team including interviewing, orientation, training and mentoring. As well as provide feedback to the Community Director on their performance.
- Lead, direct, and supervise the service team in their day-to-day functions.
- Manage and schedule the service support necessary to maintain the overall appearance, preventative maintenance, safety and OSHA/legal requirements to insure the safety of residents and mitigate liability of the community.
- Conduct periodic inspections to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develops corrective action plans as needed.
- Develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
- Schedule and supervise contractors.
- Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain appropriate levels of inventory working within the budget guideline.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Career Development and Advancement: We offer ongoing education opportunities to support the skillset development of our employees. We have a proven culture of supporting the development and advancement of our employees' individual career goals and are proud to announce the promotion of 242 employees in 2018, that’s an average of 20 associates promoted per month! We believe our employees are the organization's most valuable asset. #WRK4UDR
Exceptional Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package and discounts to live in our premier communities!
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities with a mission of offering remarkable apartment homes in the most desirable locations throughout the United States. Share your expertise, skill and commitment to excellence with us, and be a part of UDR's team. #WRK4UDR
EEO / ADA