GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Partners with the Area Service Manager to provide direct supervision and leadership to the After-Hours Maintenance Call Center Service Technicians, who provide service request response and customer service to residents of a UDR community, specific to after-hours emergency maintenance issues.
Position will lead team in the after-hours setting, diagnosing and/or troubleshooting service issues, determining the priority and urgency of the issue in areas such as HVAC, boiler systems, electrical, plumbing, and appliances. The After-Hours Maintenance Call Center Supervisor will be expected to provide excellent customer service and will be accountable for communication between the residents and the on-site teams and vendors to ensure a positive resident experience.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Area Service Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: After-Hours Maintenance Call Center Service Technicians
1. Train and mentor After-Hours Call Center Service Technicians on proper procedures.
2. Manage all emergency service issues escalated by the After-Hours Call Center Service Technicians.
3. Manage and resolve all resident complaints. If necessary, escalate to next level.
4. Identify and clearly communicate to the resident the service work that will need to be completed by the on-site team during normal business hours.
5. Responsible for the deployment of emergency 3rd party vendors as needed and required.
6. Oversee the tracking of 3rd party vendor deployments; to ensure work is initiated in a timely manner and completed according to proper procedural standards.
7. Step-in as needed, acting as a liaison for UDR to contract responsible and appropriate service vendors to arrange for their deployment on emergency service requests to a designated community.
8. Ability to conduct over-the-phone maintenance problem resolution in the areas of unplugging toilets, changing light bulbs, shutting off water valves if there is leakage, etc.
9. Partner with Area Service Manager and Ops Management to address and resolve concerns or complaints involving job duties, job descriptions, associate performance, performance standards, process, relations with residents, coworkers, supervisors and/or vendors. Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal.
10. Oversee and manage process by which PO numbers are created, scheduled and entered into service software for 3rd party vendor deployments.
11. Monitor as second level for the tracking of billable time and service requests.
12. Ensure process for service requests is followed for all non-emergency service issues.
13. Provide assistance to Area Service Manager in reviewing and making Kronos timekeeping updates, revisions and approvals for After-Hours Service Technicians.
14. Provide seamless back-up to the After-Hours Maintenance Call Center Service Technicians as required or needed for the successful completion of the maintenance process.
15. Provide exemplary customer service to communities’ teams, residents and vendors.
16. Identify strategic opportunities to enhance customer service experience and streamline processes.
17. Provide necessary reporting and metrics as needed or requested.
18. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of and ability to follow proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, OSHA, EPA, and departmental policies, procedures and standards. Must have knowledge and experience with electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and appliance repair.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple project simultaneously to meet critical deadlines. Ability and willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Ability to establish priorities, coordinate work activities, and to lead, train and mentor the After-Hours Call Center Team.
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply the principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability to motivate the team and manage their performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices. Must be skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
Demonstrated ability to understand and comprehend instructions. Immediately report any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/resident/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the appropriate individual(s). Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws.
Proven exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to work in an autonomous, self-directed environment. Competent, organized, professional. Demonstrated success in working as part of a larger team, in conjunction with Company managers, vendors, prospective renters, residents, and associates.
Ability to respond to questions or resolve resident, vendor, contractor or work scheduling issues. Must have effective listening communication skills. Ability to use a computer, a smart phone, and enter service ticket information into the system. Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office software applications such as Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Must be able to push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights up to thirty (30) pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Physical presence onsite is required to perform essential job functions unless otherwise noted. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Position will work outside of normal working business hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
2. Technical or vocational certificate and or degree preferred.
3. Minimum five years of relevant experience in building and mechanical maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting and drywall and other maintenance requirements.
4. Experience with over the phone maintenance problem resolution is preferred.
5. Minimum three years supervisory experience required.
6. Minimum two years previous demonstrated customer service experience required.
7. Customer relationship development experience is required.
8. On-site property management experience is a plus.
9. Bilingual preferred.
10. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noed.
Why Work Here?UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading multifamily real estate investment trust with a demonstrated performance history of delivering superior and dependable returns by successfully managing, buying, selling, developing and redeveloping attractive real estate properties in targeted U.S. markets. As of June 30, 2018, UDR owned or had an ownership position in 49,464 apartment homes including 1,334 homes under development or in its Developer Capital Program – West Coast Development Joint Venture. For over 46 years, UDR has delivered long-term value to shareholders, the best standard of service to residents and the highest quality experience for associates.
Professional, collaborative and innovative culture, opportunity for growth and advancement, great benefits, 401k match and rent discount!