CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
SUMMARY: This role will assist inbound carriers who are backing into doors and rechecking at the warehousing facility to deliver freight. The core responsibility is to maintain and organize checked in drivers, while providing consistent communication with warehouse personnel that supports effective and efficient unloading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interact and provide safety instructions to drivers throughout the shift
- Ability to confirm unloading preferences with drivers, while encouraging the sale of UC services
- Ability to maintain an appropriate and consistent flow of trucks to the dock, by coordinating with truck drivers, trailer checkers, dock supervisors, and warehouse receivers using radio or phone
- Maintains frequent communication with unloading staff to ensure completeness of unloading process, i.e.: load locks, straps, other product not belonging to our customer, data accuracy, etc.
- Ability to cross reference data between different programs and forms to ensure accuracy of documentation received, and report any discrepancies to warehouse and leadership personnel
- Ability to maintain frequent communication with Payment Center staff regarding the status of payments in order to assist in the return of all paperwork to the driver in a timely manner
- Maintains the inventory and condition of work supplies while reporting supplies needed to On-site Management Team which may include: folders, pre-printed gate passes, phones, intercom systems, computers, printers, ink cartridges, and any other necessary items
- Ability to handle difficult situations with patience and tact, conferring with our customer and the On-site Management Team
- Ability to maintain a positive and helpful manner when checking in carriers and interacting with other warehouse personnel
- Maintain a working knowledge of: Vendor accounts, carrier accounts, warehouse requirements, rate schedules, dock schedules, and door specifications
OTHER DUTIES include the following:
- Ensuring work area is kept clean and organized
- Willingness to pick up other shifts to adapt to business needs
- Assumes other related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years old, where applicable
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Results oriented, high achiever and performer
- Strives to maintain maximum customer service levels, even during stressful situations
- Ability to work autonomously and in a cohesive team environment as needed
- Strong and effective communicator, with basic reading and analytical situational skills
- Must have a positive attitude, remain flexible, and adaptable at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred but not required
- 3-6 months Customer Service experience, highly preferred
- 3-6 months Data Entry experience, highly preferred
- Prior warehouse and pallet jack experience is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to talk, converse, and communicate throughout shift
- Ability to work with computer components for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally walk, bend, and reach over head
- Ability to operate in a small workspace with close proximity to other people at times
- Ability to work in a variable work environment, where outside weather/climate may have an influence on the designated workspace
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loud, sometimes cold, hot outdoor and warehouse environment.
- Work hours/Shifts: 3AM
- Equipment used: Computer, cellphone, radio, copier/printer,
- Possible weekend shift must to be assigned as needed
3PL Front Line Solutions
Universal Chain is an industry leader in third-party logistics, innovator in supply chain solutions and authority on operational services and software solutions.
With more than 35 years of partnering with clients ranging from thriving small businesses to Fortune 100 and 500 companies, our dedicated teams of career professionals embody an unwavering commitment to quality that has helped us build a solid reputation for dependable & superior services. We pride ourselves on delivering structure, accountability and standardization, all of which is designed to save our clients time and money. Our Core Values pave the way for success with Integrity, Respect for People, Quality, and Safety being at the forefront of everything we do. At Universal Chain, we consistently leverage our success in the warehouse and transportation industry to bring additional value to our clients by offering competitive pricing and unmatched service that carries over to our passion for innovation.Requirements:
743 Henrietta Creek Rd.Roanoke, TX
BusinessView all jobs at UChain
Get fresh Csr jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.