UCP of Long Island Hauppauge, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Immediate Full Time opportunity to work in a 12 bed residence in East Northport
UCP Long Island is a not for profit agency whose mission is to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of persons with cerebral palsy and other disabilities. We are proud of our more than 60 year history in creating opportunities and helping to fulfill the dreams of thousands of individuals and families. We remain committed to our goal of Creating Life Without Limits for People With Disabilities!
- Provide nutritious meals, box lunches and snacks in regulation with the special dietary needs of the participants. Insure cleanliness and proper sanitation of ICF. This includes residents bedrooms, dining room, nursing station, corridors, lobby, lounge, recreation room and laundry room.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Comply with menus approved by dietitian.
- Completes food shopping for the house weekly, records receipts in house log.
- Prepare meals, box lunches, special diets and snacks.
- Ensure breakfast prep and food is available for each morning
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, to include appliances, counters and shelving in accordance with State regulations.
- Follow safe food handling instructions, using gloves; frequent hand washing.
- Insures that all household cleaning supplies are in a safe, neat orderly fashion.
- Thoroughly spray/wipe all room and furniture daily.
- Clean all mirrors/sinks throughout residence, including kitchen.
- Remake beds if necessary.
- Assists with individual laundry as needed.
- Receive, store and date all merchandise, as per UCP policy.
- Participate and attend staff meetings, in-service training and other meetings as designated.
- Adheres to all safety policies.
Education and/or Experience Requirements: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training
Required license or certification: Valid New York State Drivers License in good standing + 1 year driving experience
Benefits we Offer:
Medical, Dental, Vision
Vacation, sick time, holidays
UCP is an equal opportunity employer
UCP of Long Island
HousekeepingView all jobs at UCP of Long Island