Are you looking for a chance to make a difference every day? Would you like to work one-on-one with people who experience developmental disabilities?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! At UCP, we get to know our clients' life goals and supports utilizing a person-centered approach. We empower them to develop their self-advocacy abilities because we believe in the power of assisting the folks we serve to make informed and independent choices, develop deeper connections within the community, and actualize personal goals. Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making UCP Oregon rank as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits Employers in Oregon.
We're currently seeking a "Weekend Supported Living Specialist" who will help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live independently in their own houses and apartments. You'll get to help them make their own choices, learn awesome new skills, and do fun activities in the community. Some folks will need help with chores, and a few people will need assistance to shower or use the bathroom. You'll work one-on-one, so you'll have the time to build real relationships.
Your schedule will be Saturdays and Sundays, generally from 9am to 6pm. Your hours will vary between 16-18 hours per weekend depending on your start and end times. In addition, quarterly, you may be asked to attend a training or meet with your supervisor during the week.Even though the majority of the Agency holidays fall during the week, you are required to work half of the holidays negotiated between you and the second Weekend Supported Living Specialist. You will receive double pay for the first 12 hours of any Agency holiday. This is a great job for people who want to gain experience in the fields of social services, social justice, non-profits, and healthcare... and for anyone who's looking for a long-term career. Be proud of where you work! Come join UCP Oregon.
- It's easy to apply! Click the "Apply for this job" button below.
- UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/
- High school diploma or GED.
- Be able to transport clients in your car: be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver's license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
- Be able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
- Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
- $13.89 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
- Paid sick leave.
- Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any Agency holiday shift that you work).
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement ($10/month).
- Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth.