The D&I Program Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing in-person and distance-based professional development content focused on diversity, equity, equal employment opportunity, and inclusion for UCAN. The D&I Program Coordinator will work across UCAN enterprises to plan, implement, assess, and coordinate learning opportunities that help to develop the skill, knowledge, and mindset to achieve and sustain an inclusive learning and working environment.
Education and Professional Development
• Identify institutional needs and priorities; develop learning objectives; recruit appropriate presenters or facilitators; lead programs as appropriate; and create an action plan to implement new workshops, programs, or education experiences
• Create and maintain a comprehensive annuals schedule of learning opportunities including workshops, guest presenters, professional development opportunities, and related activities that support the development of the skills, knowledge, and mindset needed to create an inclusive learning and working environment
• Develop and lead inclusion-related professional development and learning opportunities
• Develop and deliver in-person, online and distance-based professional development programs and activities that incorporate technology and experimental learning for a statewide audience.
• Provide expertise and guidance, coaching, mentoring and coordination for Multicultural Awareness program (MAP) in collaborating with facilitators to implement MAP workshops.
• Maintain expertise and connections in the field of diversity and inclusion. Stay current with adult and national organizations and networks and by attending institutes, seminars, conferences and by accessing formal and informal learning opportunities.
• Evaluate and access effectiveness and educational impact of programs and activities.
Administrative and Budget
• Prepare reports regarding the costs of program and their educational impact
• Act as a liaison with program consultants and vendors
• Oversee the work of D&I efforts to identify and arrange all logistical needs of the professional development and learning opportunities
• Maintains an organized and consistent filing system to meet programs needs and comply with regulatory standards.
• Maintains accurate, complete and timely case records as required by agency policy and procedure.
• Create presentations using PowerPoint for training and informational purposes.
Equal Opportunity and Inclusion
• Provide leadership and assistance to administrators, departments, and colleagues regarding inclusion, equity, diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action related services.
• Provide information and referral resources to colleagues regarding internal and external resources relating to inclusion, equity, diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action related issues.
• Create collaborative relationships with constituents, colleagues, and community partners.
• Communicate effectively with individuals and with groups, both in person and when using technology at a distance.
• Vary writing and speaking style to fit the purpose of the communication, and adapt communications to fit cultural contexts and circumstances.
• Recognize, understand and appreciate the culturally different ways in which others express themselves.
Networking and Relationship Building
• Cultivates, secures, and maintains relationships with UCAN’s Corporate Partners.
• Interfaces with policy makers, and engages in agency advocacy initiatives.
• Represents UCAN in community based forums and committees that pertain to Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
• Builds on corporate partnerships through creating opportunities for UCAN clients to learn business principles and etiquette through exposure outings.
• Markets agency diversity and inclusion to external organizations, corporations, universities and religious institutions.
• Conducts public presentations in schools, corporations, civic and religious organizations
Professionalism and Work Conduct
• Behaves with integrity, demonstrates high ethical standards, and displays a positive image of UCAN.
• Acts in a professional manner at all times and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients.
• Demonstrates accountability for results and keeps commitments to others
• Reports to work, meetings, training, and job related activities prepared and as scheduled
• Demonstrates openness and respect for cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and coworkers
• Understands and supports UCAN’s standard of cultural proficiency and strives to meet it
• Responds to clients and their families, UCAN staff, DCFS, service providers and other stakeholders in a timely manner and ensures follow up to adequately address their need.
• Performs other related tasks as required or assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Business, Communication or equivalent required
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a training and/or coaching environment
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Previous work experience for a non-for-profit preferred
Special Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated success in developing and delivering educational programming with and for diverse audiences required
• Extensive experience in the field of equity, inclusion, diversity, and/or equal opportunity
• Is open and respectful of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and is willing and competent to work with a diverse client population.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of the child welfare system.
• Ability to work both independently and a part of a high functioning team.
• Experience and ability to use computers for data entry, communication and report writing
• Car and valid Illinois driver’s license and insurance required.