Schedule: Full-Time, Days
The Registered Nurse (RN) will promote wellness; improve outcomes, and self-care within a defined population of patients in the UAMS Appointment Business Center. The RN will provide patients who have chronic conditions the support, education, and assistance in the prevention and/or maintenance of their disease and/or health and wellness state. Will work with the individual patient, their families, and providers of care to develop and implement individual health plans and provide support to the patient in self-management. Coordinate care and/or follow-up for patients who receive care in outpatient facilities. Coordination of prescription refill requests and patient education coordination in collaboration with physician staff. Commitment to patient outcomes results in high levels of performance despite workload changes.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Triage, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care and patient education either by telephone or within the UAMS Clinic.
- Responsible for triaging patients to identify the nature and urgency of the patient’s healthcare need and determining appropriate disposition or referral to appropriate level of care.
- Delivers nursing care according to standards as defined by UAMS, American Nurses Association, (ANA), AR State Board of Nursing, (ASBN), and those set forth by nursing specialty organizations.
- Helps develop patient’s Plan of Care, (POC), per clinic standards utilizing assessment data.
- Evaluates the progress of patients’ toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Verifies and evaluates care delivered to ensure care is consistent with standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates care and/or follow-up for patients who receive care in inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Coordinates patients’ prescription refill requests and patient education coordination in collaboration with physician staff.
- Decisions and actions are based on ethical principles on the ANA.
- Practices with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every patient without restrictions or prejudice.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients and families by being an advocate who continually strives to preserve the rights of the patient while providing safe, competent care.
- Accountable for individual practice and ensures that optimum care is given at all times.
- Preserves integrity and safety, maintains competence and continues to grow professionally.
- Effectively utilizes resources for resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Evidenced Based Practice/Research process.
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Supports the integration of current evidence into nursing practices.
- Promotes an environment conducive to positive educational experience for all students and staff.
- Provides effective patient/family education.
- Implements POC using an approach that is interdisciplinary within Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with nursing staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Communicates care appropriately through documentation in the medical record.
- Reports variances in care/systems/processes through the appropriate means.
- Acts as a resource/support to others in the performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the personal and professional development of other UAMS employees.
- Participates in recruitment/retention of staff.
- Facilitates development and implementation of nursing practice standards that are evidence-based and incompliance with ANA standards.
- Delegates care based on UAMS standards, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job descriptions, scope of practice and individual level of education and training.
- Participates in unit/department based organizational activities/committees such as the Professional Nursing Organization, (PNO).
- Demonstrates commitment to professional nursing, development and growth.
- Evaluates personal performance based on professional practice standards.
- Uses constructive feedback from peers and supervisors to improve practice and performance.
- Maintains clinical competencies specific to area of practice/responsibility.
- Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information; maintains strict confidentiality when necessary.
- Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Acts as supervisor for the scheduling department, when supervisor is absent.
- Other duties may be assigned to this position.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master's in Nursing.
- Valid RN License
- Minimum of 3 years Registered Nursing experience with at least 1 year in OB.
- Current BLS Certificaiton
- Excellent communication skills, basic computer skills, strong work ethics and accountability.
- ACLS certification or obtain certification within one year of hire date.
- 4 or more years Nursing Experience
- Experience in PCMH
- Current ACLS certification
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background [and registry (if applicable)] check [and drug screen (if safety sensitive position)]. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.