Purpose & Essential Functions of Position
This role is responsible for payroll accounting and processing, preparing financial reports, reviewing budget goals regularly, managing account reconciliations, preparing tax documents and payments, maintaining audit records, and supporting the accounting team and its goals. We’re looking for a Senior Accountant that is proactive in nature and has excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills. This role will have an extensive knowledge of accounting and financial principles and be able to apply them to UAG processes.
· Monitor and enforce corporate policies to the team to achieve KPI improvements.
· Lead and provide support on cost proposal, scheduling, and submission.
· Discuss inter-company accounting and relate issues to management; manage implementation of changes and updates in processes across various company entities.
· Calculate and process biweekly payroll, prepare monthly variance analysis and account reconciliations, make recommendations for process improvements.
· Collaborate extensively with CPA's office during preliminary and year-end audit/review process to ensure completeness of financial statements and tax returns.
· Prepare audit schedules and provide internal and external auditors with information to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and quarterly and annual audit requirements.
· Produce financial statements and internal company reports.
· Prepare designated segments of periodic financial statements and reports, applying familiarity with GAAP.
· Evaluate procedural internal controls for accounting and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley including participating in SOX testing.
· Prepare quarterly tax returns, annual tax returns and W-2s.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of accounting background, preferably with NetSuite experience.
· Ability to work with spreadsheets, in-depth understanding of Microsoft Excel.
· Attention to detail.
· Sense of personal responsibility.
· Team player.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver with demonstrated ability to work independently and productively with minimal oversight.
· Always focused on doing what is right for the business. High energy with an infectious positive can-do attitude.
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to dissect complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
· Experience using database technology and systems. Comfortable using multi- systems such as NetSuite, ADP, CRM, and Dynamics/GP.
· Analytical skills and ability to compile information from various sources.
· Works with other department heads as needed.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.