Quality Assurance Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department, helping to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, environmental standards and recommending improvements where necessary. The Q/A Manager duties include developing and implementing quality control tests, inspecting products at various stages, and writing reports documenting production issues. The Q/A Manager supports daily, weekly, and monthly quality testing, inspections, and procedures. The Q/A Manager will document and revise inspection procedures, audit procedures, complete reports and logs. This position functions as an information source to various company departments when critical quality issues occur.
· Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and assigned work schedules are maintained.
· Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
· Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
· Ensure that products adhere to quality standards.
· Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
· Work according to deadlines for the delivery of products.
· Oversee the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
· Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
· Train and manage production line staff in production practices and quality assessment of goods.
· Track products through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct.
· Perform detailed and recorded inspections of final products so the products are up to industry and company standards.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
· Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections.
· Comply with established quality, safety, and environmental procedures and policies.
· Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
· Maintain the standard set forth by UL, CUSA, and ETL
· Prepare and present quarterly inspections with UL, CUSA and ETL
· Conduct GMP audits with customers as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
· Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting standards.
· Must be collaborative and promote effective performance through teamwork with others.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Excellent Communication skills.
U.S. Wire and Cable Company/ Flexon IndustriesWhy Work Here?
Family owned and operated in America, for more than 30 years U.S. Wire and Cable Corporation has stood for reliability, quality and innovation.