Veteran Service Assistant - All Shifts - FT/PT - Phoenix
- Posted: September 14, 2021
- $15 Hourly
U.S.VETS Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ
$15.41 - $15.41 Hourly
Up to 25%
Skilled Labor - Trades
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you!
Come & join our winning team!
Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
(ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION/LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
This position reports directly to the Veteran Service Coordinator. Grounds and Maintenance Worker assists in the daily implementation of day to day basic residential services, maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- Ensuring the high quality condition of the facility and surrounding area of the facility including all permanent and temporary structures as well as parking lot and surrounding landscape areas.
- Provide direct service in the maintenance and upkeep of the facility, scheduled maintenance and inspection schedule.
- Effectively coordination with all state agencies, vendors and other entities responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the facility and its property.
- Makes recommendations to the Property Manager with respect to modifications of facility.
- Implements directly or thru contract modifications and/or repairs to facility in a timely fashion.
- Works collaboratively with the Property Manager to maintain needed facility supply inventory.
- Responds to all building related safety concerns, including licensing, boilers, and pool area.
- Ensures harmonious atmosphere at the facility by maintaining communication with program staff.
- Conveying needs to the Program Manager and Operations Manager to maintain supply inventory of supplies and ensures proper storage.
- Assists with maintenance and upkeep of the facility and ensures readiness for inspections.
- Maintain the resident's rooms, public spaces and all facility area in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety trades including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and tiling to ensure an attractive and well maintained residential community.
- Responsible for implementation of all safety and emergency procedures required by state and county regulations.
- Must possess knowledge of basic hand/power tool operation.
- Responsible for completing resident work orders and tracking system.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of preparing new residents rooms for rental after previous resident moves out.
- Responsible for the management of site facility volunteers and work crews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in basic construction, renovation, plumbing, drywall repair, and electrical repair.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with residential staff.
- Ability to communicate and coordination with other facility staff.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Clean driving record abstract and ability to be covered by organization insurance.
- Must be energetic, dedicated to the mission and flexible.
- Must have at least two years' experience with facility management or equivalent maintenance experience and/or ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Good work history.
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.
BusinessView all jobs at U.S.VETS