We are seeking a Manufacturing Production Supervisor to join our team.
- Must learn operation of all new production equipment.
- Work with line operators to ensure that their lines are running, assist them in trouble-shooting their lines to keep them running.
- Coordinate with maintenance to minimize downtime on all lines, ensure that maintenance is properly responding to and prioritizing repairs.
- Train new machine operators and attendants as needed.
- Ensure that new packers are properly trained, to include hands on instruction of packing procedures and pairing them up with experienced packers who can assist them until they are comfortable with their responsibilities.
- Execute the production plan and ensure that there are no issues or discrepancies with the plan. Consult with management on any problems with the plan (i.e. packaging issues, quantity issues, any errors noticed on the plan).
- Coordinate with plant managers on staffing. Complete daily manning charts.
- Oversee production room personnel on their shift.
- Follow and enforce all company dress, conduct and GMP policies.
- Perform performance evaluation on production room personnel on their shift annually and as needed.
- Evaluate new temporary employees and report to Plant Manager on any issues or concerns with said employees.
- Ensure that all shift paperwork is completed correctly by the shift operators and expediters. Assist with said paperwork as necessary. Ensure that completed paperwork is handed in to the production office at shift end.
- Supervise and assist with end of shift cleaning.
- Perform an end of shift hand-off to on-coming shift supervisor, to include a briefing of any machine problems encountered during their shift; go over production schedule; ensure that the production areas are properly cleaned to the satisfaction of the oncoming shift supervisor.
- Extra duties will be assigned according to the abilities of the shift supervisors
- On shut down days, coordinate with bulk dock and maintenance to ensure that all systems are shut down properly. Ensure lines are clean and ready for the next shift. Ensure that building is locked up and secure before leaving.
- Must be hand jack and/or forklift qualified.
- Assist in the plant and production as needed.
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, or other related fields (food manufacturing a plus)
- Knowledge of production tools and equipment
- Strong leadership qualities
- Fast, responsible decision-making (For example, reject/quarantine deficient products)
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
U.S. Sugar Co., LLC is a part of ASR Group.