Manufacturing company (food products) with a diverse environment in search of Maintenance Mechanic for Buffalo, NY, plant. Competitive wages and benefits are included.
Any experience with machinery, including automotive, preferred. A successful candidate should have 3-5 years of experience with machinery, in any environment. *Food or packaging plant experience is preferred, but not required.*
Good working knowledge of PLCs, robotics, ability to interpret schematics and diagrams, and welding skills are a strong plus.
40 hours per week, rotating shifts with combination of days and nights. Overtime available.
Position duties include:
- Troubleshoot and repair processing, packaging, and unloading equipment;
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery as directed;
- Operate and understand PLC system (training available);
- Respond to operator's requests for assistance on machine troubleshooting and repair;
- Properly fill out related paperwork;
- Knowledge of proper plant startup and shutdown procedures;
- Perform duties in a manner that has safety as top priority;
- Properly use power tools and equipment with training or certification;
- Keep maintenance shop and all areas of work clean and orderly;
- Follow all company policies of dress and conduct.
U.S. Sugar Co., LLC is a part of ASR Group.