Sales and Leadership Trainee
- Posted: over a month ago
Empower your future at U.S. Electrical Services, Inc.!
USESI is the country’s largest independent electrical wholesale distributor comprised of 14 regional businesses, over 100 years of experience, and more than 2,000 employees.
U.S. Electrical Services / Monarch Electric Company is searching for a Sales and Branch Management / Leadership Trainee to join their team! This exciting rotational program will start in Asbury Park, NJ and will include assignments that will vary throughout our regional branches and central distribution centers.
As a Sales and Branch Management / Leadership Trainee, you’ll complete an intensive, hands-on, 20-month leadership development program that consists of up to seven distinct phases: Warehouse, Counter Sales, Inside Sales, Project Management, Outside Sales, Back Office and Branch Operations.
During the first 12 months, the program has a shared curriculum on a variety of prerequisite subjects. Within this "hands-on" training program, you’ll be responsible for additional hours of on-line training. Topics covered include electrical distributor operations, electricity, electrical products, customer service, communications, ethics, finance, leadership and personal development. You’ll also receive training on our ERP system and on-site manufacturing factory training.
Throughout the training program, and even after a sales territory or branch management position is assigned, you’ll be mentored by one or more of our industry professionals. These experienced employees are a great source of support, industry knowledge and business insights. During training your mentor will work with you to establish training tasks and goals. These will be designed to help you master new skills and knowledge and we’ll track your achievements throughout the program.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required or equivalent work experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a curiosity for learning new things
- Enthusiasm for building teams and businesses
- A strong sense of teamwork and a passion for developing others
- A willingness to learn and try new things, while being flexible and adaptable
- Innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
Job type: Full-time
It is the policy of USESI and its affiliates to consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
At USESI, we believe that our benefits should make a difference—to you, your job, and the life you lead outside of work. We are dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our employees!
Full-time employees are eligible for the following comprehensive benefit plan:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Company-paid Life Insurance + (AD&D)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Choice of Voluntary Benefits including identity theft
U.S. Electrical Services, Inc.
AddressAsbury Park, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at U.S. Electrical Services, Inc.