U.S. Construction Corp. – Miami, FL
We are currently hiring a Project Manager to manage the construction of high end restaurants, night clubs, movie theaters, class A offices and airport concessions. Includes both build out and select ground up projects.
A U.S. Construction Corp. Project Manager manages the project team by driving the growth and development of project team members while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients. This person will be a team leader responsible for numerous construction management related tasks including, project execution and financial management.
- Manages the entire life cycle of project – pre-construction (in some cases), construction and closeout
- Take an active role in and guide project and project teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Increase the effectiveness of the Superintendent and the Assistant Project Manager
- Establish annual performance goals for each direct report
- Identify and solve potential roadblocks, pitfalls and changes prior to their impact on the project
- Take a big picture view of strategy, risk assessment, and profitability and continuously communicate this view throughout the life of the project
- Knowledge and experience in estimating and scheduling.
- Ensure the project is in budget and/or identify cost overruns to minimize their impact on the project
- Ensure all the work is per the contract documents and specifications
- Invoice the client in a timely manner and review and approve the subcontractor/vendor payment requests/change orders
- Negotiate and review bids for contract, purchase orders and other agreements with subcontractors to assure the best possible prices are obtained for the project
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to constructability including associated costs and logistical issues
- Develop, nurture and maintain ongoing client, architect, subcontractor and industry relationships.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contracting company
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Construction Management/ Civil Engineering/Architecture is a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as fast track projects
- Management and Leadership experience, including experience mentoring project managers and assistant project managers.
- Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules Knowledge of construction means, methods and materials
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects and the same time, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Procore experience is a plus
- Health Insurance Benefits