Learning Management System (LMS) Project Manager (One Year Contract Position)
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is in the process of selecting a Learning Management System Project Manager for a one-year contract position to help the organization scale from 1 million to up to 15 million users. The LMS Project Manager will work closely with the internal management team and the selected vendor to execute the implementation plan and migrate historical user records and all course content to the new LMS platform.
The primary role of the LMS Project Manager is managing the timely and accurate course and data migration from one LMS system to another. Additionally, this individual will be overseeing daily maintenance and management of the system through the initial migration, beta test and final roll out. The LMS Project Manager will establish new guidelines, best practices, and actionable plans for use and expansion of the LMS environment and its integrated products/processes.
He/she will manage and oversee the relationship with the LMS vendor and its third-party technical implementation affiliate, interface with appropriate IT resources, and support internal and external stakeholders, Olympic and Paralympic Sports organizations, and incorporate into the planning process the integration needs from principal users and third-party software companies.
This individual will also work with the internal team to determine the mid-term technical needs and for the system’s ongoing maintenance and management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for successful data and course migration for over 200 different organizations being trained by the Center, to ensure communication of platform training, transfer plans of course and data migration timetables, course accessibility and compliance for data storage and retention.
- Interface with LMS and IT vendors to develop the overall project timeline and scope, and actively manage the LMS transition priorities and timeframe of data migration.
- Work with Vendors on project management and with internal teams to plan weekly updates and transparency for benchmark completion.
- Develop an API review process with the new LMS vendor, and deliver a plan to migrate desired integrations according to customer API integration needs.
- Work with the Communications team and internal management to develop the Center’s phased communications program to transition to a new LMS
- Provide training planning and resource roll out for new Learning Administrators to ensure consistent use of LMS administrative functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system functionality and software systems
- Recognize and resolve any issues that may occur when it comes to course design, configurations and uploading to new system
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, systems management or related degree
- 3- 5 years of proven experience providing LMS administration, support, and technical troubleshooting
- Data migration and project management experience on executing large complex projects impacting millions of records
- Strong knowledge of online learning and web-based applications
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning, and prioritizing
- Deep knowledge of relevant project management software
- Project Management certification
- Experience within education or non-profit sector large migration projects
- Understanding of compliance requirements and records storage
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
WORK REQUIREMENTS & ENVIRONMENT
- Standard office equipment
- Office environment in multi-story, dog-friendly building
Contract compensation will be commensurate with background and experience for a one-year contract posting. As this is a contract position it will be for a term of up to one year and will not be benefits eligible.
Visit our website to submit your Resume, Cover Letter, and Compensation Requirements: https://safesport.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Pursuant to the U.S. Center for SafeSport policy, no applicant shall be considered within two (2) years of employment and/or board service of the USOPC or National Governing Body.
US Center for SafeSport is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
U.S. Center for SafeSport
Why Work Here?
Fast paced, growing company making a difference in the community!