This is a Work at Home (WAH) position. The Duty Station will be the selectee's home address.
In order to be considered for this position, ALL APPLICANTS must reside in one of the following geographical areas in Wisconsin:
Polk County (WI)
St. Croix County (WI)
Pierce County (WI)
Eau Claire County (WI)
Relocation will not be paid.
Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for providing technical operational assistance to one of the following operations: Decennial (including decennial tests); Census Coverage Measurement (CCM); and Quality Assurance (QA) operations.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Provide training when required to staff, including on-site assistance as necessary.
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to managers of the Area Census Office (ACO) in order to assure timely, orderly and efficient conduct of decennial pretests and Decennial.
- Monitor the ACO recruiting operations by working closely with Government Partnership Specialists, Community Outreach and Media Partnership Specialists, maintaining contact with appropriate referral services in order to identify recruitment efforts and resolve recruitment and publicity problems.
- Serve as a technical problem-solver/troubleshooter involving daily telephone contact with the ACO and periodic travel.
75% or less - This position may require substantial travel.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizen and 18 years or older to be hired.
- Suitability/Background Investigation for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- Time in grade must be met by close date
- This is not a bargaining unit position.
Applicants are responsible for insuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 05 level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: in addition to the grade 05 requirements, experience at this level will include identifying problems and making recommendations to senior staff and communicating with a variety of personnel within the assigned office. Experience working with data collection projects.
EDUCATION: 1 full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement.
EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 07 level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: in addition to the grade 07 requirements, experience at this level will include identifying porblems and making recommendations to senior staff and communicating with a variety of personnel within the assigned office. Experience working with data collection projects.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of two full years of graduate education or a master's degree.
EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 09 level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes:review and validation of administrative data in support of on going operations; experience performing under stringent time constraints and dealing effectively with a variety of people within and outside of the assigned office. Experience with large scale information gathering projects or surveys.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of three full years of graduate education or the Ph.D.
EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 11 level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes everything at lower grades listed above as well as:experience providing training and interpreting policies, procedures, precedents and directions directly related to program activities. Experience providing direct program support to senior management. Experience working in large scale surveys, data gathering projects or census related programs.
EDUCATION:No substitution of education for experience is permitted at the GG-12 level.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- 30% or more disabled
- Persons with Disabilities
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. The best-qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
Due weight shall be given to performance appraisals and awards in accordance with 5 CFR 335.103(b)(3), during the interview/selection process conducted by the hiring manager.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
The following competencies are desirable at the full performance level of this position (FPL 12):
- Knowledge of data collection procedures and techniques to resolve problems related to the review, analysis, and research of factual information, trends, and to write technical reports.
- Knowledge of organizational programs, terminology, procedures, and standards to apply to assigned projects.
- Skill using judgment in interpreting policies, precedents, and work directions inherent to program-related activities and adapting guidelines for application to specific situations
- Skill independently planning and performing assignments, resolving most conflicts that may arise.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
A complete application consists of the following:
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume should list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, please include the grade level for the position(s). Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume should also indicate your citizenship and if you are registered with the Selective Service System if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
- Copies of applicable SF-50s "Notification of Personnel Action", to support claimed tim