This Area Census Office (ACO) position is located in in Casper, Wyoming.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in the Casper local commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.
Learn more about this agency
1. Supervise office operations, supervisors, and clerks responsible for supporting various automation activities.
2. As needed train or supervise others to train, office employees on software, hardware and automation operations.
3. Manage automation functions in the office; the first line-of-contact for all hardware, software, and telecommunication problems in the office, troubleshooting duties, and evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating automation operations to efficiently support office functions with available equipment.
4. Conducts on-site LAN/WAN hardware diagnostics for infrastructure cabling and hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, iPads, personal computers (PCS), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) telecommunications systems and printers.
5. Responsible for the paper and automated tracking of property management to include: ensuring necessary forms are accurately filled out; property management systems are updated, and regular audits are performed and secured devices are stored.
6. Schedule and coordinate data entry operations for optimal use of workstations and print devices. Manages the property control system for Office Computing Equipment (OCE), Mobile Commuting Equipment (MCE) and peripherals; coordinated printing activities and assuring that printers are prepared to handle large jobs, long-running print jobs without jams, breakdowns, and toner shortages.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizen.
- Suitable for Federal employment.
- Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
- You may be required to complete a financial disclosure (OGE-450).
- This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
- A supervisory trial period may be required.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE:. Applicant must have one year of specialized experience for this position that include supervising a technical support staff, training office employees on software, hardware and automation operations. Experience troubleshooting technical issues and evaluating, analyzing, coordinating automation operations. Experience working with various Microsoft, Apple, Cisco operating and administrative programs. Experience working with and supporting various office technologies and devices including telecommunications hardware such as router, switches, servers, mobile devices, laptops, IPads, Personal Computers, VOIP telecommunications systems and printers. Experience tracking property management, reporting and documenting lost, missing, stolen equipment. Experience scheduling and coordinating data entry operations.
EDUCATION:Bachelor's Degree plus 1 full year of graduate level education or Superior Academic Achievement with major study in computer science, information science, information system management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
The following links provide information on various hiring authorities that may enable you to apply through merit assignment procedures, or be eligible for a non-competitive appointment.
- 30% or more disabled veteran
- Person with Disability
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold).
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response.
The following competencies are desirable at the full performance level of this position (AD-00).
1. Ability to supervise, train, assign work, set priorities, coordinate, plan and oversee subordinate staff.
2. Skill in troubleshooting technical issues and evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating automation operations.
3. Knowledge of various programs such as: Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, and iOS.
4. Ability to lead all Office Computing Equipment, Mobile Computing Equipment, and automation support efforts and coordinate resources to support all office data entry and related automation activities.
For more information on category rating, please go to: http://www.hr.commerce.gov/s/groups/public/@doc/@cfoasa/@ohrm/documents/content/prod01009474.pdf
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
A complete application consists of the following:
- Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional. Your resume should list your educational and work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. Your resume may be used to validate your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire. Your resume should also indicate your citizenship and if you are registered with the Selective Service System if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
- Veterans' Preference Documentation: Please indicate on your resume the type of veterans' preference you are claiming and provide the appropriate supporting documentation (DD-214 stating disposition of discharge or character of service, VA letter, SF-15, etc.) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
- Education Documentation:If this position requires proof of higher education, or you are substituting education for experience, you must submit an unofficial transcript or a list of courses that includes the following information: name of accredited institution, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. This also applies to Census Bureau employees. Education co