U.S. Bank / Elavon is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to contribute innovative ideas and work towards our technology and compliance initiatives in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) domain. This position will involve engineering and administration of identity and access management security platforms as well as assisting our partners in their transition to agile development models such as DevOps/DevSecOps while maintaining secure and governed IAM practices.
Successful applicants will exemplify U.S. Bancorp's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Provide primary support to implement and maintain password vault, secrets management, and other identity and access management services to enterprise availability and performance standards.
Improve IAM Tool and Support processes to align with DevOps or other agile service delivery models
Improve IAM processes by recommending opportunities for innovation and automation
Work with global IT and business teams to educate and remediate access issues and audit findings
Administrate and maintain IAM systems, platforms and solutions in line with U.S. Bancorp policy and security standards
Act as a technical contributor to business, technology, and management partners as an IAM advocate on new projects and initiatives.
Maintain knowledge and awareness of the global security threats, breaches, and incidents involving identity and cloud services
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more year of experience in information security
- Two or more years of experience in IT infrastructure management, application architecture, risk management, middleware technology, and IT project management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience in an enterprise IT environment
- 9 or more years of IT experience with strong preference given to platform or tool engineering and architecture - critical IT service delivery
- 5 or more years of experience with IT Security focus with a preference for the Identity and Access Management domain.
- Strong experience with scripting in multiple scripting or programming languages (both Windows and Linux/UNIX) Examples: bash, PowerShell, Perl, python, etc.
- Experience with Privileged Account Management Solutions like: CyberArk, HashiCorp Vault, BeyondTrust Password Safe, One Identity PAM, CA PAM
- Proven understanding of enterprise IT best practices like ITIL, Change Management, and Problem management practices
- Experience building, automating, and maintaining reporting processes including: root cause analysis, solution performance, and key indicators
- Strong understanding of IT industry trends like with "infrastructure as code", Agile infrastructure, DevOps, and DevSecOps
- Demonstrated understanding of modern Identity & Access Management concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of industry regulatory environment and risk management practices
- Demonstrated ability to think critically about operational risks and business practices
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills with a focused attention to detail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively lead discussions and meetings
- Proven Experience and knowledge (admin/system level) on multiple platforms - Windows, Linux, Solaris
- Ability to take on multiple tasks and deliver work within defined timelines
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT services like asset management, DR, audit/risk reviews, etc.
- Experience with middleware and the application delivery technology stack specifically involving back end service security and best practices
- Proven ability to execute on multiple project priorities while maintaining BAU processes and team support expectations
- Process transformations experience - automation and cross team collaboration with enterprise IT teams and departments a strong preference
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190009004
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.