The Association/Partner Consultant is the strategic face of U.S. Bank to the organization/prospect. They are responsible for prospecting, building meaningful relationships, discovery, and fulfillment of RPS Business Card Partner Programs for association and member organizations. May be involved in contract renewals as well. This consultant will have an active role in the strategic vision/direction of the RPS Business Card Partner Program. This position is focused on sales and not relationship/portfolio management.
1. Using knowledge of U.S. Bank business and brandstrategies, recommends appropriate program/solutions to the client's needs anduncovers additional needs and opportunities.
2. Collaborates with relevant subject matter experts andclients to create solution opportunities, asks pertinent questions to helpquantify potential benefit to build a compelling business case for the salesopportunity and justify internal resources to meet client needs.
3. Works in collaboration with various U.S. Bankoperations, systems, and product departments to identify needed improvements;recommends solutions and escalates items to Director as appropriate.
4. Conduct strategic account reviews with related internaldepartments, obtaining commitments and results from counterparts and supportingdepartments.
5. Is responsible for negotiating all contract terms andrenewals within their portfolio to obtain optimal revenue retention and revenuegrowth. Identifies & pursues opportunities for future revenue generation.
6. Maintains relationships with key contacts in the clientorganization through proactive, attentive, accurate and timely service.
7. Maintains a thorough understanding of the clientindustry, including industry trends, industry business processes, industry bestpractices, industry financial measurements, performance indicators, key clientcompetitors and U.S Bank competitors.
8. Stays current on required paperwork & supportingdocumentation, operating systems, procedures, rules/regulations, industrytrends, updates, and events. Communicates current events and relationalupdates, and identifies opportunities for future revenue generation.
9. May be responsible for providing operational service& support by answering client inquires, developing and providing clienteducation, conducting research and resolving issues.
10. Mayparticipate in managing customer relationship to help mitigate customerattrition.
11. Activelyensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-MoneyLaundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activityreporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participates in anyrequired corporate and business line training in these areas. Follows accountopening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activityreferral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Activelyworks with customers to understand each customer's normal account activity, asappropriate for this position.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Nine to 11 years of financial sales experience
- Ability to travel full-time (nationally)
- Excellent sales and new business development skills, including the development of sales strategies and goals and closing skills
- Extensive knowledge of unit payment products
- Extensive knowledge of of the organization and its products, services and operations
- Advanced knowledge of product marketing, client service issues, and organization operations
- Strong marketing, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service/relation skills with ability to creatively resolve client concerns and issues
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190036675
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.