As an experienced Senior Event Planner, this position is a highly visible role which will be tasked with the management of planning and executing mid to large-scale meetings and conferences. This person will work in a team environment with the Event Management Marketing (EMM) team, senior leadership and other administrative coordinators and managers throughout the company. In addition, the planner will assist in the advancement of the implementation of a strategic meeting management program (SMMP) across the company.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting and conference planning for both internal and external events across business lines.
- Create and manage project plan and timeline
- Lead planning calls/meetings, and coordinate with all business partners to meet deliverables
- Build event budget, diligently track event spend to ensure event is operating within approved budget, and complete final event budget reconciliation
- Work in collaboration with U.S. Bank's sourcing agent to find venue options, submit recommendations to business line, and assist in contract negotiations
- Collaborate with the creative design team on the event theme, design concept, overall event graphic needs, including print/production
- Partner with business line to create enhanced event experiences
- Coordinate attendee communications, including pre-event, on-site and post-event
- Arrange food and beverage, supplies, decor, transportation, entertainment, external speakers, etc.
- Production management - assess and procure necessary audio-visual requirements, create run of show, review presentations, write scripts, coordinate rehearsals
- Work with venue to create/revise room layouts/seating arrangements
- Engage and manage on-site event staff
- Coordinate post event debriefs with planning team, leadership and key vendors
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Eight or more years of meeting and event planning experience
- Meeting planner certification (CMP)
- Ability to travel
- Extensive and advanced understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards
- Ability to evaluate and operate outside the scope of expectations
- Proactively take on additional responsibilities to improve efficiencies in conferences and meeting management, and standard operating processes
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence objectives
- Execution and problem-solving skills under pressure
- Ability to be successful working independently and as a collaborative team member
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a diverse audience of stakeholders
- such as financial management, work order management, mobile app technologies
- Extensive customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a high level of professionalism, and strong attention to details
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks
- Comfortable embracing new technologies and digital tools
- Extensive knowledge of Cvent, or other registration tools
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190038137
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.