Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Segment Leader
role develops, leads, and executes strategies that align with
business objectives and drive progress against stated marketplace and workplace
goals. As a leader of D&I, this position will engage, inspire and
influence business leaders and employees across the enterprise to understand
and align to our D&I strategy and to contribute meaningfully to
progress. This leader will inspire other leaders to discover and develop
approaches that are business-focused, yet move beyond conventional thinking.
This is a role for an experienced professional accustomed to advising at the executive
level and collaborating effectively with colleagues across an array of
operational functions with a primary focus on Human Resources, Enterprise
Research and Analytics, Multi-Cultural, Communications,
Supplier Diversity and Foundation/Community Relations.
position will plan, develop and direct strategies to help the company more
effectively recruit, develop and retain our diverse workforce and increase the
organization's ability to support an environment where all people feel included
and comfortable being themselves, thereby leading to greater innovation and
success. The position reports to the Senior
Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer and will interact with senior
leaders from all functions and businesses within the company as well as
interact and represent the organization with multiple external constituencies
including a variety of Professional Organizations/Affiliations. Manages
one direct report.
- Uses data and insights to set the visionand strategy all assigned segments within Diversity, Equity and Inclusionat U.S. Bank and is responsible for completion of all diversity surveysincluding Diversity Inc.
- Builds a roadmap to achieve stated visionwith clear goals, tactics, owners, accountability (shared and individual),resource needs and a communication and measurement plan
- Creates and collaborates with multipleinternal and external stakeholders on initiatives that differentiate U.S.Bank and drive strategic objectives
- Leads and maintains multiple and complexinternal and external stakeholder relationships including event andcommunication management. External partners include ELC, ALPFA,UNCF, NAACP, NUL and others
- Owns strategy development for DEI,including governance, communication, policies, processes, action plans andmetrics.
- Collaborates effectively with HumanResources (Recruiting, HR Business Partners, Leadership Development,Talent Management, Employee Engagement etc) regarding programs andinitiatives to improve workplace diversity - recruitment, development andretention of a high-performing diverse and inclusive workforce includingintegrating and embedding DEI into talent management process and tools
- Collaborates effectively with theMulti-Cultural and Supplier Diversity teams on programs and initiatives todrive marketplace diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborates effectively with peers on theFoundation and Community Relations team on programs and initiatives tosupport community diversity and inclusion.
- Consults to ensure our organization'senvironment is aligned with U.S. Bank's core values and fosters a culturethat is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks and proactivelyleverages multiple dimensions of diversity to enhance employee engagement.
- Provides input into education andlearning platforms based on organizational needs and in keeping withevolving effective practices to create awareness and commitment todiversity, inclusion and innovation.
- Develops metrics to drive desired outcomesthat are specific to the business needs and culturally appropriate.Prepares reports, including metrics, ROI, accomplishments, as well asfuture activities and strategies for the division.
- Ensures Diversity and Inclusioninitiatives are coordinated with U.S. Bank's global efforts and goals.
Bachelor's Degree required.
8-10 years of relevant experience - Non-profit, Foundation and Diversity & Inclusion.
5 years of Management experience.
This is a senior level, highly seasoned and experienced position requiring strong leadership and project management skills. Position requires exposure to training evaluation methods, cultural competency assessment tools, e-learning technology including online training, webinars, and social networking. Ability to drive line-of-site to link diversity and inclusion initiatives to business strategy. Establishes and monitors the appropriate metrics to measure results of diversity and inclusion initiatives. The incumbent possesses strong cultural competence. The work is performed under broad direction using policies and guidelines established by the bank. Work is scheduled and activities are prioritized by the incumbent in order to achieve objectives that were negotiated and agreed upon with the Chief Diversity Officer. The position allows for significant latitude for decision making. Incumbent has input to the budget process by making recommendations and providing information to the Director. Incumbent will manage staff.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190029432
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.