As America's leading agent credit card issuer, Elan
Financial Services serves more than 1,400 financial institutions. As a division
of U.S. Bank, for 50 years, Elan has offered an outsourced partnership
solution, providing institutions the ability to earn an on-going revenue stream
with a competitive credit card program. As an Account Executive on the Elan Client
Management team, you will play a key role in driving success for Elan and our
financial institution partners.
The Client Management team develops profitable new financial
institution relationships and increased profitability from existing partners by
driving new account development. Each Account Executive is responsible for
identifying business opportunities based on knowledge of assigned clients,
markets, products and services. To drive engagement in new account development,
a successful candidate will make sales presentations to existing clients
informing them of benefits of engaging with Elan's products and services to
meet the needs of their end customers. Account Executives implement and
maintain an effective contact network of senior financial institution
executives to promote engagement in sales activities. This is a remote home-based position open to anywhere in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of product sales experience
- Advanced knowledge of product marketing, client service issues, and organization operations
- Excellent marketing and business development/sales skills
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to creatively resolve complex problems with general guidance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200002336
Other Locations: New York, California, North Carolina, Minnesota
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.