U.S. Bank is looking for emerging talent from undergraduate campuses ready to jumpstart their career with us. This position has been identified for a start date of January 21, 2020.
Why U.S. Bank?
Headquartered in Minneapolis, with a presence across the globe, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we are one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. We're committed to doing the right thing, making smart changes and collaborating for the good of our customers, communities and other stakeholders - and especially for the good of one another (we've been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as a 2019 World's Most Ethical Company for five years running). At U.S. Bank, you'll be empowered with the tools you need to succeed in your role and grow your career.
Explore your career possibilities at U.S. Bank and join a company that's as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
The Investor Services Associate supports clients for a hedge fund administration company. This is a hands-on role and the successful applicant will be required to fulfill their own daily responsibilities, while also assisting other team members as needed. The candidate will be expected to provide a high quality of client service by ensuring that all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily and monthly basis. Direct client contact will be an almost daily occurrence; however, this is not a sales position.
Skills and Qualifications
- Completing a Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of Advent applications preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of portfolio accounting and the investment management industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven team-oriented and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in in accounting, finance or related field
- Position to be filled in January 2020
- Preferred December 2019 graduates
- Understanding the policies and procedures of the AI department
- Understanding the information flow through the various AI systems
- Knowledge of how to use the various systems specific to the job function
- Ability to communicate information carefully in order to manage client relationships
- Active listening to obtain information and understand client needs
- Written correspondence that is clear, professional and grammatically correct
Primary Location: Wisconsin-WI-Milwaukee
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190038451
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.