Staff Administrative Specialist
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Reserve Command
##### Military Intelligence Readiness Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/12/2019 to 06/25/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$51,440 to $66,868 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Gordon, GA
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
**About the Position:**
**This position is with the:** Military Intelligence Readiness
Command, 345 Military Intelligence Battalion, TSC, located at Fort
**Working Environment:** Work is performed in a climate controlled
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Staff Administrative Specialist for an Army Reserve
Brigade, Group, Battalion, or comparable activity.
- Perform one or more of the following assignments: manage unit
and individual training; manage unit personnel and medical
readiness programs; manage unit supply and logistics programs
and/or manage various types of financial management programs.
- Serve as the military personnel technical expert for the unit.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate significant projects and
activities concerning Headquarters and Command-wide
- Advise leadership and other staff regarding administrative
- Review military, administrative and personnel related
correspondence to make determination on adequacy prior to
submission to higher headquarters.
- Provide training and technical guidance for administrative
activities and personnel within the organization.
- Coordinate resources for assigned programs and training events.
- Evaluate administrative issues to recommend actions or develop
policy to improve administrative operations.
- Utilize various automation programs concerning information on
readiness that impacts individual service members and the unit?s
overall mission or deployment readiness status.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
#### Similar jobs
- Specialists, Training
- Training Specialists
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR)
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete
the Unit Administrator Basic Course within 18 months of
- This position requires the incumbent to successfully complete
the Unit Pay Administrator Course within 18 months of
- Incumbent may be required to work weekends.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Specialized Experience**: One year of specialized experience which
includes interpreting military regulations, policies, principles,
and procedures to gather and analyze facts, identify problems and
report findings on organizational programs; providing administrative
guidance on unit requirements; consolidation of reports; reviewing
training reports to identify training needs and/or changes needed;
utilizing automated systems supporting various military programs.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work
performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal
Successfully completed a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2
full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading
to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge,
skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position,
such as Organizational Management and Leadership, Public
Administration, Business Administration, and Management. (Note: You
must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
**Combination of Education and Experience**: A combination of
education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as
long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least
100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your
total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of
completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first
year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Computer Skills
- Education and Training
- Manages Resources
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Problem Solving
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you
are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your
agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced
employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive
selection priority for this position. To receive selection
priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be
rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the
appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To
be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority
applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the
position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional
information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in
the Government interest.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your