Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Reserve Command
88th Readiness Division (RD) Area Maintenance Support Activity (AMSA) 22
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Arden Hills, MN
Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines
the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
About the Position: This position is with the 88th Readiness
Division (RD), Area Maintenance Support Activity (AMSA) 22, located
in Arden Hills, Minnesota.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform repairs on various types of equipment.
- Replace components when needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles.
- Complete body work.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%
- #### Job family (Series)
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program
- This position requires a Class A CDL within 180 days of
- This position requires a medical examination prior to
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including
There is no specific length of training or experience required.
However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown
in your written application materials that you possess the
sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform
the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work
of an Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer without more than normal
supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should
document experience or show the ability to do the following:
maintenance, repairs, and replacements to component parts of heavy
mobile equipment. Perform preventive maintenance checks and
services; conduct basic operational inspections to ensure the
vehicles are properly serviced; and operate equipment to check
work. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble Shooting
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- Physical Effort Required: You may be required to work in
frequently requires climbing on top of equipment or crawling
under equipment to work on the various components. You will
frequently have to bend, reach, stretch and crouch. Work is
strenuous, often requiring the lifting and carrying of items
weighing up to 40 pounds. You will also push, pull, and turn
heavy parts and equipment. You will move heavier items with
assistance of other workers.
- Working Conditions: Work inside and outside where you will
be exposed to some inclement weather such as rain, snow, cold,
and freezing temperatures; and may be required to work in mud
and wet or icy areas when outdoors. Subject to burns, scrapes,
cuts, bruises, shocks and strains.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit
for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized,
agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible
for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this
position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP
eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position
and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP
eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive sele...