Department of the Army
U.S. Army Reserve Command
63d Readiness Division
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Moffett Field, CA
Yes Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines
the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Yes as determined by agency policy
About the Position: This position is with the 63d Readiness
Division, Director, Information Management Office, located at
Moffett Field, California.
Learn more about this agency
- Providing advice on funding requirements and expenditures
- Performing detailed budget administration functions associated
- Developing policies, procedures or supplemental guidance for
- Performing various administrative and clerical duties
- Developing budget estimates and financial reports
- Providing recommendations to meet priority requirements and
- Briefing budget committees on analysis of budget
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%
- #### Job family (Series)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes utilizing budgetary methods for allocating funds, providing
policy guidance, creating budget estimates and/or statements of
justification; monitoring funding limitations, usage and/or
shortfalls; performing administrative duties. This definition of
specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second
lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of
progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a
degree or LL.B. or J.D. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge,
skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such
as: Financial Management.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education
and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as
the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To
compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months
of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed
graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total
graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Budget Administration
- Financial Analysis
- Oral Communication
Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks
of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-07).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 11 - Comptroller position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit
for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized,
agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible
for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this
position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP