Military police protect the lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations. They also control traffic, prevent crime and respond to all emergencies.
- Law enforcement patrols
- Interview witnesses, victims and suspects in investigations
- Crime scene security and processing
- Arrest and charge criminal suspects
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for military police requires 20 weeks of One Station Unit Training and on-the-job instruction in police methods. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Basic warrior skills and use of firearms
- Military/civil laws and jurisdiction
- Investigating and collecting evidence
- Traffic and crowd control
- Arrest and restraint of suspects
- Interest in law enforcement
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Remain calm under heavy duress
- Ability to interact well with people
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 91
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
EARN CASH FOR IN DEMAND JOBS
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with federal, state and local law enforcement.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PAYS) PROGRAM
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- New York City Police Dept.
- Louisville Metro Police
- Clearwater PD
- Alabama Department of Corrections
- Las Vegas Metro Police Department
- Kansas Highway Patrol
- City of Chicago
- Baltimore Police Department
- Corpus Christi Police Department