U.S. Army Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/04/2019 to 09/19/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$33.57 to $39.15 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:** Serves as a Marine Machinery Equipment Mechanic Quality Assurance/Control representative overseeing the final repair and rebuild of a variety of high-power marine engines and major sub-assemblies and systems of very large and complicated watercrafts.
Learn more about this agency
- Develop quality assessment plans to evaluate and improve quality of maintenance production and work processes. - Ensure the dispatching and operational capability of all Marine Machine equipment at sites to achieve police and firefighting operational requirements. - Analyze quality data to detect unsatisfactory trends/conditions and/or weaknesses in the PWS?s quality control system and monitors Quality Control procedures. - Responsible for fulfilling the requirements of the workload agreement between Military Ocean Terminal, Concord Ca (MOTCO) and the Installation maintenance support contract provider to ensure labor services comply with Performance Work Statement. - Monitor repairs and installment of mechanical equipment aboard watercrafts and related harbor and dock machinery. - Test, monitor repair, and oversee the rebuilding of associated gasoline and diesel-powered inboard or outboard watercraft engines. - Plan dry-docking operations and monitor repairs and adjustments to heating boilers, water and sewage systems, piping systems, with components such as oil burners, stack switches, controls, relief valves, and a variety of pipes and fittings. - Oversee testing of engine, transmission, rigging, propeller, navigational, and related systems to diagnose malfunctions, using measuring instruments. - Monitor the testing of engines using diagnosis equipment, tachometer and voltmeter. - Develop quality assessment plans to evaluate and improve quality of maintenance production and work processes.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
5334 Marine Machinery Mechanic
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - Valid state driver license required - Pre-appointment and annual physical is required - Must be able to swim - This position is designated Key. In the event of a crisis situation, the incumbent, or designated alternate, must continue to perform the Key duties until relieved by proper authority. See additional information below.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Marine Machinery Mechanic~ without more than normal supervision. Disassembly and repair to marine equipment and machinery. Determining the nature and extent of repairs necessary and make needed repairs by replacing, reworking, or refinishing worn or damaged parts and components of marine engines and components. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element) - Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading) - Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment - Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc. - Knowledge of Materials - Technical Practices (Theoretical, precise, artistic) - Trouble Shooting
Physical Effort: Work is performed in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods, requiring frequent bending, reaching, stretching, climbing and crouching. Work may be performed in cramped and awkward positions, and requires strenuous work while standing, lying, or sitting. Must be able to swim.
Working Conditions: Work is performed both inside and outside in a marine setting. May be exposed to drafts, changing temperatures, noise, and bad weather. May be exposed to dust, heat, fumes, dirt, oil, and grease, and to the possibility of cuts, bruises, burns, sprains, and electrical shock. Incumbent wears prescribed safety gear (i.e., protective eye glasses, ear devices, hard-toe shoes, respirators, gloves, and clothing) and follows prescribed safety practices to minimize the hazards.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Two year probationary period may be required. - Direct Deposit of Pay is required. - This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance Management position. - You may claim military spouse preference. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r?sum? and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
**Basis for Rating:** Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position. - Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position. - Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/19/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10590174). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
FQ-APF-W1M401 MIL Surface Deployment and Dist CMD DO NOT MAIL CONCORD, CA 94520 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544167900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
U.S. Army Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command
Get fresh Marine Machinery Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Marine Machinery Mechanic