##### DCCS, Primary Care, Leonard Wood Medical Home
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/30/2019 to 08/07/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$74,596 to $96,978 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Leonard Wood, MO
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:** This is a permanent position located in GLWACH, Primary Care, Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
Learn more about this agency
- Oversee the scope of practice and provision of nursing services within the Ambulatory Clinic. - Implementation of evidences based nursing practice, policy enforcement, performance and quality improvement. - Evaluate work performance and productivity. - Advise Senior Leaders on nursing matters, reviews, recommendations, and assist in the development of regulations, procedures, and other matters.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - This position requires a Seasonal Influenza Vaccination and annually thereafter. - This position requires a Hepatitis B Series as well as an immunization screening. - May be required to work weekends, call duties and evenings. - This is a Testing designated position and requires random testing. - This is an inclement weather essential position. - This position requires a Background Check with a Child Care Check and periodic re-investigations. - This position requires a pre-employment physical examination and is subject to annual examinations. - Must obtain and maintain American Red Cross Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification. - Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing in English and in a grammatically correct manner. - One year Supervisory Probationary Period may be required.
**Who May Apply:** Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees - Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act - Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible - Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Basic Requirement for Supervisory Nurse (ADMIN/ AMBULATORY):**
**Degree**: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (NOTE: Transcripts must be provided with application.)
**Degree from Foreign Nursing School**: Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools. (NOTE: Official Certification must be provided with application.)
**Licensure**: Applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination and possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of a current/valid licensure, you may obtain this at www.nursys.com )
**In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:**
**Experience**: At least one full year of professional nursing experience (equivalent to GS-11). **Professional Nursing Experience is defined as**: One year of experience which includes: 1) providing comprehensive nursing care to ambulatory patients, 2) providing case management services, 3) lead nursing staff or assisting with personnel management, 4) providing education or training to nursing staff..
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas: - Care Management - Healthcare Operations Administration - Nursing Assessment/Diagnosis - Patient Intervention - Patient Safety and Quality Care
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11). All applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade and specialized experience requirements within thirty (30) days after the closing date of the announcements.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - Direct deposit of pay is required. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. - Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges if applicable. - Fort Leonard Wood employees may have the following available to them: work out facilities, golf course, swimming pools, tennis courts, rental program (e.g. pop up campers, trailers), ample free parking, a youth center and childcare services. Fort Leonard Wood employees may also have access to the Fort Leonard Wood Lake of the Ozark Recreational Area (LORA). LORA is a great place to get away from all the worries of everyday life. - Relocation/Retention Incentive MAY be authorized.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r?sum? and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - **Proof of Eligibility to Apply:** Your application must include the documents which **prove you are eligible to apply** for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the **Who May Apply** section above to receive further consideration. - **Time-in-grade documentation:** If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). - This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses - This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 08/07/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10563713). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
KA-APF-W1MLAA USA MEDDAC FORT LEONARD WOOD DO NOT MAIL Fort Leonardwood, MO 65473 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541019800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
U.S. Army Medical Command
Fort Leonard Wood,MO USA
Get fresh Ambulatory Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!