Social Worker (Family Advocacy)
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Schofield Barracks, HI
About the Position:
This position is located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority
for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new
to Federal service.
Learn more about this agency
- Make treatment recommendations to the multi-disciplinary Family
- Analyze the information and use professional judgment concerning
child or the family.
- Obtain relevant data from various agencies to compile
to the Family Advocacy Program Case Review Committee.
- Provide therapeutic treatment to victims, offenders and family
- Conduct comprehensive and complex risk assessments, clinical
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and
interaction with children and youth under the age of
eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of
must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations
depending on the type of position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support
American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during
holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Basic Requirements for Social Worker (Family Advocacy) :
Degree:** Master's degree (or higher degree) in Social Work from a
school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for
this position you must also meet the qualification requirements
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at
least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in
Specialized experience is defined as: in a family advocacy
environment: assessing incidents of abuse, providing counseling to
abusers or victims, and developing treatment plans to those involved
in abuse. This definition of specialized experience is typical of
work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet
the qualification requirement using experience alone--no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical
license to practice Social Work independently, offered by a U.S.
State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or
jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency
(knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Information Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Therapy and Counseling
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
the Government interest.
- Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a
salary. This is subject to change.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible
for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this
position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ...