About the Position:
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
The initial cut-off date for referral consideration is 5 days from the opening date of the announcement. Applicants applying by the initial cut off will receive first consideration. Applications received after this date will be given referral consideration as vacancies occur.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Learn more about this agency
- Obtain information from patient and/or family to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- Take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head circumference and length); perform a behavioral health screening.
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical plan, the nursing assessment and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Assist physician with various examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Screen and review immunization records to select required immunizations, correct dosages, and administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups.
- Perform teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care procedures and documents teaching.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Licensed Practical And Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Licenses Vocational Nurses
- Nurses, Licensed Practical
- Nurses, Licensed Vocational
- Nurses, Pediatric Licensed Practical
Conditions of Employment
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Certifying organization varies on location. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- This may be an obligated position.
- Work schedule may require shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends and holiday).
- Permanent positions: Two year probationary period may be required.
- Term positions: One year trial period may be required.
- Applicants may be required to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the qualification requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Practical/Vocational Nurse:
- Licensure/Certification: A current license to practice as a practical or vocational nurse in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia; OR must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license, a notarized statement attesting to the fact, or a citation of the license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
- Experience required: One year of nursing experience in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures, performing such duties as measuring patient's vital signs, administering immunizations or medications via various routes, screening or updating patient medical records and performing routine procedures, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), pulmonary function tests, wound care, audiograms and vision screenings. This definition of nursing experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
This announcement may be used to fill Practical/Vocational Nurse positions in the following specialty areas: (Office Automation (OA), Administrative, Psychiatric, Advanced Practice, Obstetric/Gynecologic, General, Primary Care, Pediatric, Sports Medicine, Occupational/Community Health, Operating Room, Surgery, Lead Practical Nurse, Orthopedic/Podiatry, Supervisory Practical Nurse, Dermatology, Quality Assurance Evaluation, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, or Instructor).
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is temporary, full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
- A temporary position is time limited and may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment.
- A term position is time-limited and may be extended to a maximum of eight years.
- This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis". This position will NOT lead to a full-time position. Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
- Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%201805%20Relocation%20Allowances0.pdf for more information.
- If you