Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN ===================
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/04/2019 to 09/10/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$37,843 to $49,200 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
2 vacancies in the following location:
Fort Jackson, SC 2 vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:**
This position is located at Fort Jackson, SC.
A recruitment or relocation incentive *may* be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate with prescriber or pharmacist to clarify issues or problems with dosing, interactions, or instructions. - Enter prescriptions into outpatient computer system reviewing profile for allergies, drug/drug or drug/food interactions, and duplicate orders. - Determine type of substance, strength, dosage, and quantity to be dispensed in accordance with accepted practice and pharmacy standard operating procedures. - Receive and review prescriptions for the full range of pharmaceuticals to include controlled drugs on the formulary.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0661 Pharmacy Technician
#### Similar jobs
- Pharmacy Technicians - Technicians, Pharmacy
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - A Personnel Security Investigation is required. - Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption. - This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. - A pre-placement medical examination is required. - Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position. - Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions. - This position requires a Tdap (Tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis) vaccination. - May require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals). - This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis. - This position may require the incumbent to work irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Experience required:** To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. **Specialized experience is defined as:** filling prescriptions, distributing pharmaceuticals, and utilizing pharmacy based computer systems gained in hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, or in pharmaceutical firms or laboratories. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service GS-05.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
**Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-06:** Successful completion of at least one half year (9 semester hours) of graduate-level education progressing toward a master's or higher degree that is directly related to the work of the position.
**Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-06:** If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 9. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas: - Pharmaceutical Identification and Formulation - Pharmacy Customer Service - Pharmacy Operations
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
### Additional information
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Direct Deposit of Pay is required. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - You may claim military spouse preference. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. - This position is scheduled to transfer to the Defense Health Agency (DHA) no later than 30 Sept 2021 in accordance with the provisions of Section 702 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, Public Law 114-328. The Act directed the DHA to take responsibility for the administration (i.e., authority, direction, and control) of military treatment facilities beginning 1 Oct 18. Employees will become DoD employees upon transfer to the DHA.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r?sum? and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
Review our benefits
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on09/10/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10588475). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process**. - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
DU-APF-W2MJAA MONCRIEF ARMY HEALTH CLINIC DO NOT MAIL Fort Jackson, SC 29207 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543819400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
U.S. Army Medical Command
Get fresh Pharmacy Technician I jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Pharmacy Technician I