Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Meade, MD 1 vacancy
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Meade, Maryland
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new
to Federal service.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Learn more about this agency
- Provide professional nursing case management support to the
- Interview Soldiers and family members, assess and analyze
members that warrant Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
- Coordinate a variety of services and personnel to further
- Assist incoming personnel already participating in the program
- Record EFMP consideration and overseas screening assessments for
forms and forwards to Family Travel Office for processing.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and
interaction with children and youth under the age of
eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of
must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to
required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random
drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations
depending on the type of position.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The
and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Nurse (Administration):
Degree: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree,
associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing
educational program is required. This education must have been
accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education,
Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs,
Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting
body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the
degree was obtained.
Degree from Foreign Nursing School: Official certification from
the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required
for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
Licensure: Applicants must have passed the National Council
Licensure Examination and possess a current, active, full, and
unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a
State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or
a territory of the United States.
Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the basic
requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet
the qualification requirements listed below:
Education Substitution: Successful completion of a PhD or
equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational
program or related medical science field; or
Degree and Experience: Possession of a diploma, associate's
degree, bachelor's degree, or master's degree from a professional
nursing educational program and at least one full year of
professional nursing experience (equivalent to the GS-9 grade
level). Professional Nursing Experience is defined as: One
year of experience which includes reviewing medical records to
identify special medical or educational needs, coordinating services
or referrals for patients, and providing patient counseling or
Please see the qualifications section above for education
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
the Government interest.
- This position is scheduled to transfer to the Defense Health
provisions of Section 702 of the National Defense Authorization
Act for Fiscal Year 2017, Public Law 114-328. The Act directed
the DHA to take responsibility for the administration (i.e.,
authority, direction, and control) of military treatment
facilities beginning 1 Oct 18. Employees will become DoD
employees upon transfer to the DHA.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after
reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a
determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications
and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position.
Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or
omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are...