Medical Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
Brown Dental Clinic
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Rucker, AL 1 vacancy
About the Position: Brown Dental Clinic is a 22-chair clinic and
dental laboratory designed to provide First Term Dental Readiness
care to the Initial Entry Training Soldiers as well as Readiness and
Wellness Care to Permanent Party Soldiers. Services include: annual
examinations, dental hygiene, routine general dentistry, endodontic,
prosthodontic, surgery and periodontal treatment.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a Dental Readiness Coordinator.
- Prepare schedules for dental care providers utilizing the
- Monitor and manage the Corporate Dental Application (CDA) at
- Maintain all patient records, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Receive patients and visitors as the initial point of contact,
- Coordinate and/or schedule patient appointments with civilian
- #### Job family (Series)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes entering, manipulating, and/or retrieving information and
data from various automated systems, maintaining patient records and
utilization of an automated scheduling software program to schedule
patient appointments and/or prepare provider or clinic schedules.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work
performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal
Education: Four years of education above the high school level
obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school,
junior college, college or university.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education
and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as
the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To
compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months
of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education
beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Health Care Data Entry and Management
- Patient-focused Customer Service
Candidates may be advanced without time restriction to positions up
to GS-5 if the position to be filled is no more than two grades
above the lowest grade the employee held within the preceding 52
weeks under his or her latest contemporary competitive appointment.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Medical position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
the Government interest.
- Recruitment Incentive is not authorized.
- Relocation Incentive is not authorized.
- Retention Incentive in not authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible
for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this
position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP
eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position
and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP
eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection
priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for
the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional
information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition
Background checks and sec...