Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Medical Instrument Technician (MRI) ===================================
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
08/21/2019 to 09/24/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$46,572 to $60,543 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Riley, KS 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**About the Position:**
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
A Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized if it is determined to be in the best interests of the Government.
Learn more about this agency
- Perform a variety of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations - Receive and reviews request from physicians and other health care providers for MRI of patients - Assist radiologist or physician in reading or evaluating clinical result - Provide on the job training to new employees - Perform sophisticated computerized axial tomographic (CT) scanning of heads/and or bodies - On an as needed basis perform radiographic/report filing and receptionist duties
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0649 Medical Instrument Technician
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - This position requires you to possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed or sponsored by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association (AHA). - This position requires a Child Care background check - This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) and is subject to applicant testing and random drug testing in accordance with DA guidelines - This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. - All employees assigned to an MTF are required to be screened for applicable immunizations and are subject to missing/required immunizations. - This position is an inclement weather position. - This position may on occasion entail evening and weekend duty.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Licensure/Certification**: This position requires you to possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed or sponsored by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association (AHA). (NOTE: You must submit a copy of your certification with your application to be considered).
**Specialized Experience:** Specialized experience is defined as performing a wide variety of highly complex magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations on human patients to aid the diagnosis and treatment of disease or injury. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
### Additional information
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Direct Deposit of Pay is required. - This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption. - This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results. - Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position. - All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion. - Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges. - This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
1. **Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. **Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - License/Certification: If the position has a license/certification requirement, you **MUST** submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted license/certification. See: Transcripts and Licenses.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/24/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10581392). - Follow the prompts to **select your **r?sum?** and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process.** - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
EM-APF-W2P0AA US ARMY MEDDAC, FORT RILEY, KANSAS DO NOT MAIL Fort Riley, KS 66442 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542956400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
U.S. Army Medical Command
Smoky Hill Township,KS USA
Get fresh Medical Instrument Technician EKG jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Medical Instrument Technician EKG