Department of the Army
U.S. Army Medical Command
U.S. Army Dental Command
- ##### Open & closing dates
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Carson, CO
About the Position: This is an Information Receptionist position
located at Larson Dental Clinic with the US Army Dental Activity on
Fort Carson, Colorado. Fort Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant
residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste.
It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a
variety of recreational and cultural opportunities.
Learn more about this agency
- Receives telephone calls and visitors to the clinic.
- Determines the nature of call or visit and directs to
- Verifies the patient's eligibility for treatment.
- Schedules clinic appointments
- Refers individuals to a Purchased Care Coordinator for
- Reviews dental record to update medical history, and other
- Uses a personal computer to enter data into the Corporate Dental
schedules for assigned dental care providers.
- Make changes to master schedules, and to monitor proper
- Maintains general reference files.
- Maintains the ability and knowledge to register patient
- Composes routine requests, memorandums, and transmittal and
- Prepares and maintains a variety of recurring reports related to
- #### Job family (Series)
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly
describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education,
your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience is defined as: operating office
equipment, such as a typewriter, word processor, and/or computer
terminal; scheduling appointments; reviewing and maintaining office
files and/or records; and composing correspondence using correct
grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation. This definition
of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next
lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
time in grade restrictions, if the position to be filled is no more
than two grades above the lowest grade the employee held within the
preceding 52 weeks under his or her latest non-temporary competitive
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may
qualify if your education meets the definitions below:\]
Education: Successful completion of 4 years of education above
the high school level in any field. To be creditable, education must
have been obtained from an accredited college or university. (NOTE:
You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.)
Combination of Education and Experience: Only education in
excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year)
is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the
second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience.
Compute the percentage of the requirements, and the total must be at
least 100%. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in
foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification
requirements, you must show the education credentials have been
evaluated by a private organization that specializes in
interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has
been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S.
education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at
a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information,
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - Clerical position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.