About the Position:Lucky Peak Lake is a multi-purpose project providing flood control, irrigation, recreation, fish and wildlife, and hydropower (private) benefits. The staff consists of fifteen, a combination of full time and seasonal employees. The work involves operation and maintenance of the dam as well as diverse natural resource management functions, maintaining the dam, recreational areas and project facilities for the enjoyment of nearly one million visitors using the lake annually.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled tasks relating to the general operation and maintenance of physical plant facilities., project grounds parks, wildlife areas and other public use facilities.
- Installs, modifies and repairs water supply systems, waterborne toilets, sewage systems, drinking fountains, hydrants, automated underground irrigation systems.
- Constructs wooden forms for concrete, measures, cuts and constructs general carpentry.
- Operates a variety of heavy equipment including 5 and 10 yard dump trucks, semi-dump trucks, truck and trailer weighing over 72,000 GVW.
- #### Job family (Series)
- Installation Workers, All Other
- Installation, Maintenance, And Repair Workers, All Other
- Maintenance Workers, All Other
- Repair Workers, All Other
- Workers, Installation, All Other
- Workers, Maintenance, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid stateside driver's license
- Must obtain or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers boat operator license
- Must be able to pass an initial and an annual physical agility test.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) MAINTENANCE MECHANIC without more than normal supervision. I have performed the majority of the following maintenance worker tasks under normal supervision: painting, carpentry, electrical repair, repairing irrigation systems, plumbing repairs, welding, and masonry work. I have full level skills in operating all associated tools and equipment related to the sub journeyman level skills. I work well either independently or with a crew. My resume reflects current or past experience performing these task - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision Screen Out
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Use of Measuring Instruments
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: Works standing or sitting and sometimes lying in awkward positions in rain, snow, and heat. The work requires lifting of heavy material and tools that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Maintenance work is normally performed outside with exposure to variations in weather and temperature. Incumbent is exposed to potential injury from power tools and danger from flying objects, cuts and scrapes, is exposed to traffic hazards while driving on both improved and unimproved road surfaces. May work in cramped quarters. May occasionally make repairs where bad fumes are present.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Boat Operator License within 12 months of initial appointment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information se