U.S. Army Aviation and Missile CommandChambersburg, PA
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER ===================
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
##### LETTERKENNY ARMY DEPOT
- ##### Open & closing dates
09/03/2019 to 09/17/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
GS 7 - 12
- ##### Salary
$47,016 to $108,422 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Chambersburg, PA 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
**About the Position:** This position is located in the Directorate of Operations, Planning, and Support's Production Engineering Division. You will serve as a senior Mechanical Production Engineer for an industrial operation on Letterkenny Army Depot in Chambersburg, PA.
Learn more about this agency
- Works closely with shop and customer experts to resolve technical issues affecting production schedule, quality and cost. - Plan, organize and conduct analyses and apply comprehensive knowledge of the principles and methods involved with mechanical engineering. - Apply a knowledge of principles and methods of mechanical engineering in combination with an understanding of industrial engineering to develop local procedures, operating parameters and processes. - Assist mission logisticians in the identification of alternative parts, materials, and sources for unavailable components and the performance of reclaim/make-vs-buy analyses. - Determine material or process substitutions and modifications of guidelines needed to meet the product?s performance requirements using currently available materials, technologies and processes. - Determine the benefits of new processes and equipment, and evaluate the value of and methods for implementing changes to achieve state-of-the-art product quality, process efficiency, worker safety and environmental stewardship - Provide technical expertise on a wide variety of related issues and provide training to shop technicians, supervisors, inspectors and other engineers.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0830 Mechanical Engineering
#### Similar jobs
- Engineers, Mechanical - Mechanical Engineers
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. - You must obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance. - You may be required to travel occasionally away from the duty station (TDY) - You must be able to lift or carry up to 40 lbs. of equipment or materials. - You will be required to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**This position has a Basic Education Requirement, this requirement can be met by the following:**
**A.** Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
**B.** Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following: 1. Professional registration or licensure - Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions. 2. Written Test - Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. 3. Specified academic courses - Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program. 4. Related curriculum - Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions.
**Minimum Qualifications (Specialized Experience): In addition to meeting the Basic Education Requirement Qualified candidates must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in Federal service or public/private sector.
GS-07 Specialized Experience Requirement:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-05 level or higher equivalency in Federal service or public/private sector to include: Assist senior mechanical production engineers with techniques, procedures and methods to repair, manufacture, modify, and test mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment on engineering services and productions in an industrial operation.
**GS-09 Specialized Experience Requirement:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-07 grade level or higher equivalency in the Federal Service or public/private sector to include: Assist senior mechanical production engineers with techniques, procedures and methods to repair, manufacture, modify, and test mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment on engineering services and productions in an industrial operation; evaluate designs; and prepare designs on engineering system components and systems, processes, and procedures in an industrial operation.
**GS-11 Specialized Experience Requirement:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-09 level or higher equivalency in the Federal service or public/private sector to include: Inspect mechanical systems for conformance with plans and specifications on engineering services and production in an industrial operation; Review mechanical engineering design, analysis, plans, and specifications for mechanical power equipment and systems; and troubleshoot existing mechanical systems and equipment.
**GS-12 Specialized Experience Requirement:** One year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-11 level or higher equivalency in the Federal service or public/private sector to include: Advise on mechanical engineering and industrial engineering policies and procedures; evaluate the value and methods for implementing changes base on product quality, process efficiency, workers and environment safety; identify parts, materials and processes to meet production performance requirements; perform quality control of mechanical equipment and systems, and cost; and serve as technical lead to authorize the development, repair, manufacture and modification of mechanical, electrical and electronic processes.
**FOREIGN EDUCATION:** If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. - You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. - Two year trial/probationary period may be required. - Direct Deposit of Pay is required. - This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter. - Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. - If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. - This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers and Scientists (Non-Construction) position. - Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. - Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. - When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018\_05%20Relocation%20Allowances\_0.pdf for more information. - If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. - Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
**Work Environment** The work requires daily visits to production shops or test areas where high noise levels, eye hazards, hazardous chemicals and other industrial hazards are present. You must be able to wear safety gear and clothing, e.g., safety glasses, gloves, respirator, apron, etc. and must be aware of and comply with confined space entry requirements.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your r?sum? and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
##### Trust determination process
Credentialing, Suitability/Fitness, National security
- Required Documents ------------------
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. - For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. - For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:** - Cover Letter, optional - Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable - This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility. #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 09/17/2019 to receive consideration
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10589672). - Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. - After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and **click to continue with the application process.** - You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** - It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. - Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
AB-APF-W0L6AA LETTERKENNY ARMY DEPOT DO NOT MAIL Chambersburg, PA 17201 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544448100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command
Get fresh Engineer Mech jobs daily straight to your inbox!